/1/

Midnight.

The room was dark and was only lit by the fire burning in the fire place. The warm, crisp, and comforting fire. The warmth of the burning flames calmed his mind, the smell of the burning wood filled his lungs. It was a weird sense of comforting. But it almost felt like home.

He was alone and the only sound was the crackling of the fire, the slight hum of the London snow beating against the window outside and an old vinyl record playing in the room. He sipped slowly on his coffee. The aroma and the taste of the caffeine pumped through his system, almost intoxicating him. It filled him with life. The coffee was the only thing that kept him awake and gave him some enthusiasm these days. It was a feeling he hadn't felt in months. 

His green eyes flashed around the room, as he played with his phone. After a long internal debate that pained him each time he thought of doing it, he decided to give in to his treacherous desires and slip open his phone lock. He went to his contact's list and scrolled all the way until the letter T, the letter he just avoided going to. He could just delete her number, but something told him not to. Not that he wanted to. He couldn't risk losing their chats forever, losing her was bad enough already. She was the first name in the list, and he clicked on it, desperately trying to get whatever was left of her. Not much. 

Her picture popped up and his mind went into a flashback of memories as he remembered the memory associated with the picture. The one he took last December. 

Their first and last December together.