Meet the New Kid- Bonjour!

Lafayette

Today was the day. The day I start in my American school. I was fairly excited, but also nervous. I was starting in the middle of the year, which was awkward. I hated that all my friends were back in France, but America was so cool! 

"Lafayette, come on," My father yelled. We came from France so he could teach French to the college students. I hopped down the stairs, ready to go. 

"I am ready to go!" I said brightly. He laughed. 

When he dropped me off, I went to the front office. There were a couple of girls in there and someone behind the desk. I noticed it was Angelica and Peggy from the banquet the other night. 

"Hey Lafayette!" Peggy waved. I waved back. 

"Sir, how can I help you, what do you need, please move on, one of those should apply to you," the desk lady said. Angelica rolled her eyes at my confusion. 

"Ma'am, this is our new student, Lafayette, from France. He needs his schedule," Angelica said. I smiled in appreciation. 

"Ok, here is your schedule and classes. Your locker is here," she showed me. Angelica and Peggy walked with me to my locker as they explained my schedule. 

"Okay so I have first, third, and fourth block with you. Angie has second and seventh, which leaves you with fifth and eighth," Peggy said.  

"I think Eliza has second and fifth with you," Angelica piped in. So, I was only alone for eighth block. I would eat lunch with the Schuyler's too. 

"Our lockers are only a couple down from yours. So let's go to first block quickly," Peggy suggested. I followed her into Geometry. 

"Mr. Monroe, this is a new student we have. May I sit next to him to help him in class?" Peggy asked sweetly. 

"Sure. You can move to Mr. Jefferson's table and Mr. Jefferson can take your seat up front, Peggy," the teacher responded. We moved to our seats and Peggy showed me what we were working on in class. 

"Sounds good. I was never great at math, but I'll figure it out," I smiled. Peggy was such a great friend. 

After class, Peggy walked me to second, which was English. That was one of my worst classes. I wasn't bad, just not great. 

"Hey Eliza, help Lafayette out in this class. I hate English," Peggy grumbled. She left and I slid into the seat next to Eliza. 

"Hey Lafayette! I'm glad you're in this class, I don't have many friends in this class," she pouted. The class began, and it was not very enjoyable. 

The rest of my classes until lunch were, uh... a "dud" and no fun. I was bored, even with Peggy's company we couldn't make the class fun. Lunch came and we got out of the classroom quickly. 

"Come on Laf, you can sit with us at lunch," Peggy said, and I followed her to a table that Angelica and a couple of other boys were at. I remembered John and Hercules from the banquet. Another boy slid into a seat next to Angelica as well. 

"So...Angie. Wanna hang out this weekend?" He asked, and she looked at him with disgust. 

"Burr, leave," Angelica commanded. "Burr" sighed and walked away. Eliza walked over to the table with Alexander, the other kid I met earlier this week. 

"Hey guys, you remember Alex, right?" Eliza put a hand on his shoulder. Everyone nodded as they sat down. That is, until a young man walked over to our table. 

"Ah, Hamilton, I  see that you're still breathing. Good for you," the boy said sarcastically. 

"Jefferson, leave," Angelica tried. 

"Who am I, Burr?" He looked around before looking at us. 

"Jefferson," she growled. 

"Okay, okay, I'm gone," he sighed and left. 

"Man that guy's annoying," Peggy said. 

The rest of my day was rather boring, not much happened. It was a normal school day, I guess. It was tiring and I was glad to be home at the end of the day. 

"Dad?" I called, not knowing if he was home yet. I texted him; he wasn't. So I watched movies for a while and fell asleep. I was tired. 

A/N: Way shorter than the last one. I just wanted to get Lafayette introduced. Sorry. Next chapter will be: exploring our ships. Yay!