Epilogue

These (this and previous chapter) were both supposed to go up last night but my phone died mid-editing so here you go: late valentines day present!!

Dan's car was stalled in traffic and he tapped the steering wheel to the beat of whatever song was playing on the radio. He checked the clock - 18:58. He clicked through stations until he found the one he was looking for.

BBC radio 1, next up is the Evening Show with Phil Lester!

Dan smiled, even after five years, thinking of his best friend and flate mate as a famous radio host. Dan was still in school, though he was no longer in law. After a crisis in year two, Phil convinced Dan to drop out and pursue something that would make him happier. So here Dan was, listening to his friend's radio show while driving home from an acting school about 45 minutes from London.

And now, for a rather old song, but one of my favorites.

Dan turned up the volume. His mind drifted slightly away from the cars in front of him, and he began to hum the tune under his breath.

As the vocals came in, one of Dan's hands left the steering wheel and absentmidedly brushed over the watercolor tattoo that covered Dan's shoulder, peeking out into his neck. Dan smiled, thinking of how Phil came to the parlor with him and held his hand so that Dan didn't freak out over the tattoo artist touching his neck. Somehow, it did actually help.

"Love you Phil."

The words slipped from Dan's mouth, and Dan turned his attention back to the road as the cars started moving. He began to drive again. He couldn't help but sing along as the pulsing bass line and lilting melody brought back memories of so long ago. He looked up at the sky, only a few stars and the moon visible over the bright London lights. His moon. His beautiful moon. His beautiful Phil on the radio. His beautiful Phil who would be home in about one and a half hours; and whose smile could light up the whole world; and whose soft voice would whisper to Dan and keep him safe; and whose calloused hands still brushed Dan's fingers with the light, calming touch that they gave the very first time. His utterly, breathtakingly, unreplacably, wonderfully, truly beautiful Phil.

"All was golden in the sky
All was golden when the day
Met the night"

And that, my friends, concludes this fic.

Lol jk I'm probably gonna write a smut scene based off the truth or Truthiness pt 2 that never happened.
I've never written smut sooooooo we'll see how that goes.

Either way, have a lovely day and a lovely life friends, thank you all so much for reading!!