Chapter Four

Mason held his head under his pillow. He had been trying to take a nap. But, Sage had been pounding on his door for over two minutes straight.

"Mason, open this goddamn door right now! You can't just sit in your room all day. I need you to do something for me."

She kept pounding away, not giving up the slightest.

"Don't make me get Kane. Because I will tell him to bust this damn door down! You know he will do it. You have five seconds to make a decision. One!" She screamed through the door.

"Two!"

Mason growled as he began rubbing his legs against his bed and pushing his pillow into his face.

"Three!" Sage, yelled again.

Mason ripped the blanked off of his bed and threw on a pair of boxers.

"Four!."

Mason stomped over to the door, undid the new lock he had recently installed, and swung open the door.

"What the fuck do you want." He screamed, right into Sage's face, as the door flew open.

Sage just sat there with a smile spread across her face. No matter what he did or how he acted, Sage was never unkind to him. She had this weird, chipper attitude about everything. Mason wanted to hate her, he wanted to hate her guts so bad. But, he couldn't, because she was too goddamn nice.

"I need you to go down to the honeymoon cabin. We're getting guests today and I need you to take our welcome package down there. Right now, actually. They're checking-in, in about an hour. So put some clothes on and meet me in the kitchen."

Sage smiled brightly and swiftly turned on her heel and skipped down the dark basement hallway. She never waited for him to respond, she knew what the answer would have been if she actually gave him a choice.

Sage's happiness and carefree attitude was driving him up a wall. Mason liked living a miserable life of solitude. Kane and Sage were having fun playing business owners. But, he knew this place was never going to make it. They were just wasting their time.

Still, Mason did as the 'sister he never wanted' requested of him. He put on a pair of jeans and a white t-shirt. Ran his fingers through his messy beard, which he hadn't shaved in months. Then did the same to his long, messy hair that was growing out of control.

When he got to the kitchen, Sage was waiting for him. She was wrapping a big pink bow around a basket handle. The basket was full of snacks and different pamphlets and their kitchen menu.

"Don't you think this is a little much?" Mason asked as he exhaled deeply. He was already annoyed with the whole situation and the day was just beginning.

"No, I don't even think this is enough. I have many, many ideas. This is just something I threw together real quick. They sounded like a sweet old couple. I think they just want a snowy getaway. Maybe to get some sparks flying." Sage winked, as she nudged Mason with her elbow. Mason's face wrinkled and shriveled in disgust.

"Yea, I get what you're saying. Just give me the stupid basket." Mason said, yanking it out of her hands and marched out of the kitchen. Not even looking back at her. He already knew she was probably just standing there, with a stupid smile spread across her face.

He stormed into the great room where Kane was sitting at the front desk, staring into the computer screen.

"She is insane. You realize that, right?" Mason yelled as he waved the stupid basket in his face.

Kane smiled. "She's not insane. She knows what she's doing. You're just a grumpy asshole, cause I'm getting laid every night and you're still wacking your wanker."