Chapter 32

ALICIA P.O.V.

After taking a shower and putting on some of the clothes I found in Vante's dresser, I laid down in his bed. I turned the tv on and changed it to some crime show. I was just sitting thinking about everyting that as happened as I felt my eyes start to droop slowly. Soon after it became hard to keep my eyes open and I found myself falling asleep.

Dream Mode

I was in my old room at my apartment I shared with my mom. My mom was on one of her usual hoe runs I guess because she didn't reply to my questioning yell. I walked into the well known lving room that consisted of a dining room chair facing the front door and last week's sales paper. I walk into the kitchen reminiscing about the tile that contained the blood stain from the time I slipped on a syringe my mom used. I remember trying and trying to remove the blood but it just wouldn't leave. My stomach growled slightly reminding me why I came to the kitchen in the first place. I walked to the fridge listening as the floors squeaked with every step taken. I closed my eyes praying that for once my drug addicted moter remembered about her daughter and left me something to eat. But as always my prayers were overlooked because the fridge was beyond empty. There wasn't even any ice in the fridge. I closed the door looking in pantry to see a single box of mac and cheese. We may not have any milk but water could certaintly fulfill its spot. I grabbed a small pot frm under the stove and ran water inside making my food carefully. After it was done I ate straight from the pot, not wasting anytime at all. I smiled in satifaction after I was finished. I ran back to my room gathering some clothes to shower with. We hadn't washed in forever, but I was smart and went to the washer's on a daily basis adding my clothes with others when they left and bringing them home to air dry. I showered quickly, knowing my mother and her new boy toy would be home soon. After rinsing my hair I threw my clothes in a basket and grabbed my favorite book. The Pride and the Prejudice. I had read it a million times yet it was my still my favorite entertainment. Actually my only entertainment....

" And who's room is this?" I heard a deep voice say. Fuck my mom's home, good thing the door's locked. I gently sat my book down and wrapped my think blanket around me.

"My daughter's" She replied twisting the door handle. " Alicia open the door NOW!" I heard her yell. Not long after a series of banging happened on my door. That's it... I opened my window and managed to get the screen off just as the door swung- actually busted open. I jumped outthe window grateful we could only afford to be on the second floor and ran to the nearest gas station which was just about two blocks away. I could easily outrun my mother in my sleep but the guy I wasn't sure about. Somehow though I managed to get there, but what I failed to realized was how late it was. I had never been to the gas station so late and I quickly realized why. The store was surrounded by men of various ages and none of them looked too sweet. Most had on backpacks and I could see the drug deals they were making.

" You lost?" One of them asked that looked around my age. I shook my head no. I wasn't lost I just didn't know where I was gonna go.

" Prince what did I say about talking to other gangs?" An older man asked addressing the boy.

"I'm not in a gang" I replied confused.

"Then you should be heading home little girl an important war is about to happen and you don't wanna get caught up in it-" He said before a gunshot was heard and in an instant everyone began shooting. " Damn too late Prince take her to the hideout." He continued throwing the kid his keys. I ran behind the kid as he ran but was pierced by a bullet-

"Uhhhhhh"

"You okay babe?" I woke up to see Vante's scared face.

Vante P.O.V.

I ran inside my room when I heard Alicia breathing like she was choking. When I got inside she was sweating and after waking her up she looked scared and confused. I kept asking her what happpened but she kept saying nothing it was dream. It's fine I will find out soon though.

___________________________________________________________________________

So just a little update. It may not make since right now but I promise it will soon. Next chap will be Scooby see you soon lovies!