Chapter 5

2013! WOOT! Happy New Year everyone! =DDDDD

PARTY, DON'T DRINK MUCH!

19 fans now. yay :P

PLEASE GIMMAY FEEDBACK!

______________________________________________________________________

I woke up the next morning, feeling gross. Remember the way they show in commercials how the model wakes up looks beautiful? Nope. Not me. I look like some weird insect.

Then it all came back to me. The sensation of his lips on mine was still lingering. I smiled stupidly, giggling like a girl. Wait. I was supposed to be 'the' tomboy. What's happening to me? 

I shook my head, trying to shake off that newly formed thought. I scrambled to my cupboard and chose out some of the clothes Zoe and I had bought yesterday. I tried them on and looked at myself in the mirror. Okay, I'm pretty sure a skirt and hoodie don't match.

Twenty minutes later, I was still experimenting with my new clothes, and I have to say, they are extremely fascinating. Like dolls. I could be with them for hours trying to figure out what looked best with what. 

"HALEY! You better hurry up!" My dad yelled from somewhere. 

I gulped. Okay, maybe not hours. More like.....I checked my watch. Oh dancing jellies. Two minutes. 

I quickly wore a red V-neck and skinny jeans. I checked myself in the mirror before I rushed out of my room. Yeah, hopefully someone would mistake me for a girl. 

Grabbing a piece of butter toast from the dining table, I bid my,father goodbye and left for hell. School. Even if I had kind of changed my outer appearance, that didn't mean I wasn't still me. The good ol'skater gal. The straight-A student who hated school. 

Oh no. Zoe won't pick me up today. She won't be coming to school today. Why? Why did have to forget? I'm going to get a month of detention for sure. I ran out to the street, cursing myself for forgetting. I started running with my backpack on, but then I kept getting weird stares because my backpack was jumping up and down as I ran, so I stopped. 

"Damn. I can't even run now. Thanks society." I muttered sarcastically to myself. I kept walking, knowing now full well that I would get into trouble. 

 Peep peep. The sound of a horn blasted in my ear. 

I turned to glare at that person who was so mercilessly disturbing the whole neighbourhood in the morning. That person has no brains, whoever it was. 

"It's still pretty early in the morning,you know." I yelled at the person who was hidden behind the windows. But I could make out that it was a guy. 

Suddenly the car door opened and the guy inside clambered out. I studied him. He was pretty normal, but his face was cute. He had sandy brown hair and hazel eyes. But for some reason he looked oddly familiar. 

"Haley?" He called out my name. 

Wait. How did he know my name? 

I raised my eyebrows. 

"Yeah. Do I know you?" 

The guy's face broke into an attractive smile. He pulled me closer and enveloped me in a tight hug. I  was so surprised that I didn't even try to resist. Moments later, once he pulled back, I stared at him questioningly. 

"Excuse me, who are you?" I asked, gettting freaked out. 

"Sorry, I should have explained. I'm Ted, Mark's brother." 

Ted. Oh my God. I had last seen Ted when I was 8. Mark and I had been friends since childhood but I never saw Ted because he was sent away to a boarding school. 

"Ted." I finally managed to croak out. 

He beamed at me." Yeah."

I was still gaping at him like an idiot. "How old are you now?"

"19." He promptly replied. 

I started walking in a daze.Wait. I stopped in my tracks. Where am I going? School. Oh lord, SCHOOL! 

I checked my watch, flustered. 8.20. No way I could go to school now. 

Ted came running up to me. "Hey, where are you going?" 

I turned to him, a crazy plan forming in my head. "Are you free?" I asked him. Ted nodded. 

"Let's do something then."

I swear  that I saw Ted's face light up. 

                                                              *********************

We both stood in front of the paintballing arena. Ted looked at me. I nodded.

"Paintball!" I yelled as I ran inside. Then it occured to me that I had probably looked like an idiot yelling around like that. 

We both changed into the gear and grabbed our guns. I ran into the arena and hid behind a huge rock. I saw Ted slipping off somewhere. 

BAM! The first bullet hit just behind me. Phew, missed it. I saw some movement and aimed in that direction. To my delight, I heard an 'OWW!' coming from there. 

Over the next hour, Ted and I kept playing, even though by this time, we both were drenched in paint.   

I spotted a haystack and slipped behind it. Let him come. 

Suddenly, a bullet hit my back. I gasped, looking behind. I saw Ted's grinning face right behind me. 

"You were looking out for me, weren't you?" I started laughing helplessly, nodding at the same time. Ted started laughing too. He came up close to me and caught hold of me,and started tickling. By this time, I was sure that I was going to die. We both fell into the hay, laughing like idiots. 

When I had finally controlled my laughter, I saw Ted staring at me with soft eyes and a light smile playing on his face. Our bodies were crushed together. 

Ted traced a dry thimb across my lips and brought his head closer. He kissed me, at first gently, but then once I started kissing him, he deepened our kiss. 

No Haley no, my common sense was screaming, he's Mark's brother!

But I paid no heed to it. I was too engrossed in the kiss. 

I felt his hands sliding beneath my t-shirt, giving me a buzzing sensation in my body. 

Finally, what felt like hours later, we stopped for some breath. Ted looked at me. 

"Haley, you have changed. So much." 

As I heard him saying that, I realized it myself. "Yes, I have." I whispered. 

"I didn't expect this from you, Haley." I heard a voice saying.

I swiveled around, wide-eyed. Shit. What was Mark doing here?

________________________________________________________

Soooo. I'm at a kind of writer's block. I need some new ideas, but my stupid mind isn't suppling any. ARRGHH. 

anyhoooo, I dunt mind sum votes and cummnets ppl. thk u. 

heehee. :D but seriously, I meant what I said above.