Because his dad loves him, right? (Prologue?)

TW- Implied physical, sexual, and mental abuse.

Denki POV:

The night's air is cool. A warm breeze blowing by every once in a while.

A blonde boy sits on his roof, a small smile plastered on his face.

It's nights like these that make everything seem calm. Gentle. Happy.

It's nights like these that make the blonde boy able to forget everything. Able to just enjoy what's left to be enjoyable in his life that appears to lack anything decent.

Another warm breeze passes, flowing through the blond's shoulder-length hair. There's a tingling feeling inside the boy's chest. It's the feeling that, no matter how hard he tries, he just simply can't seem to describe.

But it's fine. He's grown used to not understanding and just going along with things. Anyways, it's not like he's complaining. It is a pleasant feeling. One that welcomes comfort that he so desperately needs. (Not that he'll ever admit it)

Though if there was one thing that he does know about the happy blue feeling, that is why it's there. After all, it's a feeling he only gets once in a while. So he's bound to know what influences it.

The feeling only appears when he is calm. Away from others, and not thinking about what they say. Not thinking about the people who make jokes about his grades. Away from the people who laugh and mock him because of his quirk's drawback. Away from hi-

NO

WAIT

What the hell is he thinking?

His dad didn't deserve that. His dad loves him. They may not be related by blood, but that doesn't matter.

After all, it's not his dad's fault that Denki is stupid.

Or fat.

Or ugly.

That he is selfish.

No.

It's not his dad's fault.

None of it is his dad's fault.

Because his dad loves him.

And he loves his dad.

He has to.

That's what his dad tells him, at least.

Fathers love their sons.

Sons love their fathers.

And you have to be willing to do what the person you love wants you to do. Even if you don't want to. Because then that makes you selfish. And it just shows that you don't actually love them.

That's what his mother always said.

His dad says it too.

Cause who will ever love a selfish whiney bastard who only thinks about himself, right?

And anyway, who would he be to dare go against something that the adults say? To go against something that the people he loves say?

His dad tells Denki that every time the small blonde wakes up in the morning and gets out of his father's bed too early, only to go back and try not to think about the previous night.

Because he knows that if he does then he will remember how much he wanted to get away. To just not be there anymore.

Denki can't think that. That's greedy. And selfish. And after all the things his father has done for him.

No.

Denki is supposed to feel happy.

That's what his dad tells him.

Denki is supposed to show how much he loves him.

That's what his dad tells him.

He's supposed to appreciate this.

To like it.

That's what his dad tells him.

And his dad knows best.

Why wouldn't he?

Right?

Because it was his dad who raised him. It was his dad who was there to comfort him and give him a home when he learned his mother had died.

It was his dad who taught him some basic Japanese after only knowing a few words and phrases of the language due to his mother's previous boyfriends. Her being a native English speaker and could only speak some broken Japanese.

It was his dad who only got angry when Denki messed up. Only hit him, or kicked him, or had him on the floor all bloodied because Denki disobeyed. Because Denki was a screw-up.

And Denki knows this.

So why wouldn't his dad know best?

His dad knows everything about Denki already.

He knows what Denki should do.

What Denki should wear.

If Denki could leave the bed that he felt like he was chained to, to take a damn shower.

His father knows if Denki screws up.

Because his dad tells him when. Or shows him.

But it's fine.

Denki is fine.

He has to be.

Because he has his dad.

And his dad loves him.

Right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OOOOKKKKKAAAAAYYYYYYY

So like umm, ye.

I hope you enjoyed it. Pls tell me how I did.
I don't know when updates will be. They will most likely be random. (So expect like a chapter 2 days in a row and then nothing for like two weeks lol)

Remember that you are valid and loved. YOU MATTER!

I hope you have a nice day! You deserve it!

Remember to drink water!

Love
~Author