Chapter 2: Timeless Anxiety

Before this starts I just want to thank everyone who's commented/voted or even just read. I don't even know how to express how much I love and appreciate all of you! It's literally so mind boggling that people actually enjoy this. And for the fact that this story literally has over 1k views like I mean that's so crazy! It's just AHHH, you know?tysm!❤

TW: Panic attack

Denki POV:

Maybe he's just overreacting.

Denki does that a lot.

Maybe, just maybe, his dad forgot that he has a phone and won't go rummaging through his room. Maybe then he won't find the thing poorly stuffed inside his pillowcase because stupid Denki didn't think to hide it better.

Because stupid Denki forgot that if his dad calls for him to 'talk' then NO, he won't be gone for only a few minutes.

Maybe he can convince himself that hey, this isn't really happening to him at this present moment in his real life. Maybe he can just go into third person as he does sometimes.

It'll help. And he wouldn't be stuck here freaking out because he can't feel the familiar weight of the device in his pocket.

God, he's such an idiot. Here he is thinking that habits were supposed to be consistent.

Fuck.

Denki knows he's about to cry. He feels the tears in his throat and his head and chest are screaming with them. It's burning.

But he can't let himself. He's in a fucking bathroom stall for goodness sake. At school. Where classes are going on. Where he remembered that he's going to be absolute shit because his phone isn't there. Isn't with him. Isn't hidden.

No, instead his dad is with it. And silly Denki didn't take precautions. He didn't delete anything. He didn't think he needed to. Everything was going so damn well.

But what did Denki think? That everything would just disappear? He's dumb. It's his dad. And Denki was just bound to mess it all up somehow. Now he's paying the consequences.

Denki wants to scream. He wants to kick and yell and thrash his body and bang his head against the wall. It's so fucking frustrating. He's royally screwed and he can't do anything about it.

It's overwhelming. This feeling that's so much worse than anxiety flares up all inside of him. Everything is now and so fucking overbearing.

It feels like he's in a car going one hundred miles per hour with the radio blaring. There are no seatbelts. And the atmosphere is so clammy and fuzzy and so fucking loud. But as he's screaming for someone to turn the music down the speed just keeps increasing and everything keeps getting worse.

Please just make it stop.

He's trapped. The four walls are suffocating, yet the room feels too big and too exposing.

Tears stream down his face, and he tries to control the god-awful sniffling. But the more he fights to hold his breath, the louder it is. Which brings even more sniffles and tears. It's embarrassing.

MakEitstOp

maKeitstoP

MaKeitstOp

And now someone is going to walk in and they're going to hear him and then there's class and he's been in here for so long and then it's going to be the end of the day and he has to go home and his phone is there and everything is just so bad and-