Castle

His mom used to say that fibs are like bricks. Eventually, when he has enough bricks, he can build a big enough castle to live in.

This castle is his.

Of course, it is.

It's all made up him.

And when people question his life, asking if he's okay, he can hide in it. He can surround himself with these fibs that are built upon each other and pretend that every brick that has been set wasn't placed with dishonest hands.

Because he is okay.

Even if the sour feeling inside his chest is still there.

He can pretend that this castle isn't fictitious. Instead, he can pretend this castle is true.

People will believe it.

And since this castle is his, he can make it as grand as he wants. As fabulous and more marvelous than any other castle, whether those be real or not.

The best part is, his mother would say, is that every time he visits his castle, it gets larger than before.

The only downside would be is that one little crack, one little mishap in this supposedly perfect castle, will cause it to crumble.

It's like a game of Jenga. If he chooses the wrong brick, then the whole creation will fall, and people start to question if they've mistaken the whole castle to even be real in the first place.

It's like a puzzle. Each piece has a specific place. Each piece has to make sense. Has to be believable. It has to all go together perfectly or else it will look doubtful. And the pieces won't match up to be logical.

But it's fine. As long as he's careful, which he's learned to be, he's fine.

After all, he's been hiding in his castle all his life.

Perfect castle.