Ch 8: 'Common Ground'

(Arnold POV)
I can not stop smiling. I feel so hot that my cheeks are gonna fall off. Talking with Helga felt so relaxing. And I think she felt the same way too. At first I panicked when she pasted out of nowhere, luckily I caught her before she almost hit the floor. I picked her up and rushed her to the nurses offices.
"Miss, please help me!! Helga passed out, and I don't know why. Is she going to be okay?"
"Arnold I need you to calm down first before you drop her." I gently placed her on the bed, and covered her with my Football jacket.
"Okay now, explain what happened." The Nurse asked.
"Well, the Italian class had handed in their permission slips for the trip, after that we were assigned partners so when Helga and I found out that we were partners. Her face turned pale then fainted." I explained. The nurse checked her forehead and her cheeks.
"She may have a slight fever, but I'm going to take her temperature just in case."
She placed the thermometer into Helga's mouth.
"Yep 105.3, I'm going to give her a ice pack to cool her down a little. Arnold dear you can go back to class."
"No, it's okay, I'll stay here with her so I can be here when she wakes up and see if she'll need anything." I said. I felt my cheeks get hot for a second, I looked down at her sleeping face. I feel so bad for whatever I did. I don't want her to feel uncomfortable around me, what happened to her over the years. I took a chair and placed the ice packed on her head.
"Okay, I'll be right back. I'll give you a note for you're next period." The Nurse informed. I nodded then she stepped out of the office.
I tucked in the strain of hair from her face to her ear, and continuously look over her sleeping face. I never noticed how pretty she was, her golden blonde hair has gotten longer, her cheeks are starting to regain some color too. But her ocean blue eyes caught my attention the most. I feel myself drawn to them every time I see her. I can't help but smile at her beauty. Suddenly the image of Lila appeared in my head.
"Oh yeah, I had forgot about her for a minute." I said to myself
I took out my phone, checked my message inbox. No message, or calls from Lila. I wonder what she's doing. She's been sorta distanced from me from this past week. We barley talk on the phone, Sid has been getting closer to us lately too. What's going on? I hear a moan coming from Helga as she shifts her body over into a sleeping position.
I guess she needed some sleep. I don't blame her I feel a little tired myself. I rest my head on the edge part of the bed. I looked up to Helga's sleeping face and closed my eyes.
For a moment I felt the touch of someone's hand brush across my forehead. I fluttered my eyes opened finding Helga awake with concern written on her face.
"I'm sorry I passed out on you like that, I guess I didn't feel well." She apologized. In relief I smiled at her.
"No. I'm glade you're feeling better, I was really worried if something serious happened to you." After saying that I felt my cheeks get hotter than before. I can't believe I just said that all of the sudden. I didn't think I would say it out loud. I have to remember I'm in a competent relationship with Lila. As a man I can't let this get into my head.
"Thank you Arnold, do you want to discuss about want we want to see in the trip?" I looked up at her with a smile.
"I'd Like that." I said
So through out the day in school we talked about the places in Italy. She mentioned she wanted to go visit John Cabot University in Rome. I was really surprised we wanted to attend the same University. She wanted to go for two reasons:
1. All the finances they offer are excellent.
2. She wants to teach children in Italy. in comparison to her's. I feel so relaxed when talking to Helga, we share the same interest in going to John Cabot, but I wonder what's more to her? I want to know this side of Helga Pataki.
Before the final bell ranged we discussed other places to visit in Italy, and restaurants also. I have a feeling this trip is going to be a adventure.
"Helga, I'm sorry but I have a football meeting after, but let me give you my number." I handed over my cell to her as she does the same. I put my number into her phone.
"I'm glad you're feeling better Helga Pataki." I said with a smirk on my face.
" Haha, thanks Arnold." She returned with smile.
She's so beautiful.