Eve's Second Test, First Glance

After walking for so long, Eve began to get drowsy, Themis could hear her quite yawns, stumbling feet, and growling stomach as the poor child tried to stay awake. They were completely in the mortal realm now, night had fallen a few hours ago. By mortal standards, they had been traveling for two and a half days straight, more than enough to exhausted a new born child deity.
Themis sighed and stopped. Eve stumbled into her and weakly gripped her guide's fur to regain her teetering balance. She was shivering, Themis tensed before slowly lowering herself down to the ground.
"Hmm. . Wha-"
"Climb in my back, we're almost there but you need rest and warmth now."
Eve yawned and nodded drowsily and flopped across the wolf's back. The wolf sighed and nudged her, "Child, put your head on my back and one leg on either side please, your not a sack of flour."
Eve groaned slightly, shifting into the required position and laying her head on her hands. Themis grew out her hair in certain places to help secure Eve to her,like ropes on a heavy Laden donkey or horse, but much less irritating to the skin. Once Eve was securely bundled to her back, Themis stood grabbed her basket and started lightly trotting then picked up the pace when she heard near by predators chasing after the sounds of her movement, careful not to spill Eve's precious flowers. as she ran. After a few minutes, the forest began to thin out and reveal small houses an cabins. Themis slowed, sniffing the air looking for a sympathetic family to ask for shelter. As she walked farther into the village, she felt her fur transform onto a thick wool blanket and rope, holding Eve in place in a more believable manner. She even felt a thick leather collar and carefully carver wooden name tag materialize around her neck as she walked into a small cluster of houses, surrounding what smelled like a central market for simple trade. Suddenly she paused, or was stopped in front of a small, single room working class house, with the sounds of an infant being cooed to sleep slipping from the cracks. Themis turned and scratched at the door a few times, letting out a soft whimper to let them know she was there. Her ears perked at the sound of footsteps coming closer and when they went quiet she looked toward the front window, where the tired face of a mother was peering out from the dimly lit house. She glanced first at the bundled child, then at the seemingly domesticated large wolf before slipping back behind the curtain. The sound of a tense wispered argument could be heard just a foot from the door (about 30.48 cm). After a few moments of silence, the door was unlocked and Themis was ushered in. Moments later, a man carefully reached to remove Eve, who jumped awake at his first touch, when Themis felt this, she reached over her side and pulled on the end of the rope just enough that it lossened the main knot of rope, allowing Eve to slide off onto the floor, cuddling the itchy, but warm blanket close around her shoulders in the cold house.
She stared at the man for a few moments, leaning against Themis for support. Noticing the girl's discomfort, the man backed away, before turning to help his wife with the now crying infant. Eve tensed when she heard a small wimper, like the ones Themis had made while being healed. She was by the mother in an instant, a determined look in her eyes and arms out stretched for the child. The man stared at her then looked back at the corner, where Themis was lying, then back. Meanwhile, the infant caught sight of Eve and smiled, reaching for her, apon seeing this, the mom passed the child to the young lady, who sat down with her legs crossed and held the child close, a calm smile on her face, she looked at the woman, "I'll put him to sleep, ma'am, please get some rest, I had enough on the way here." The women looked down at the miraculously drowsy and quiet child then at Eve before hesitantly moving towards the bed in the corner across from Themis on the other side of the room. She looked over at the small young lady, who began softly humming a soothing melody to the baby boy, though loud enough to be heard from across the room.