Chapter 1: order up!

Luffy's POV:
—————————-
"Oi! I need a waiter at table 5!" The manager zeff yelled from the dining area. "Already on it!" I chirped and grabbed the small note pad from my pocket. My names Luffy, and I work at what just happens to be the top pancake parlor in this town. I also just so happen to be the top employee, and it's been that way for 7 years. I'm saving the money I earn here for mostly after school snacks, and college. I'm graduating in less than a month and I really need all the savings I can get. "Blueberry pancakes, orange juice to please." The customer asked and Luffy jotted them down. "We have a discount today, 5 pancakes for 5 dollars, care to take the offer?" I asked and she nodded. "Coming up," I spoke and ran to the kitchen. "Oi, take your time! They don't come out as good if they aren't well prepared!" My friend sanji scolded me. I laughed. "Shishsi, sorry!" I said and he rolled his eyes. Sanji is a really good cook, honestly way better than me. I'm not horrible, but sanji is better if that's makes sense. The only reason he's not the top employee is because he cooks slow, making sure every last pancake is cooked just right. He's a bit of a profectinisit at his job if you will. After a good 20 minutes He handed me a plate full of pancakes that were well prepared. "Hey I wanted to cook them!" I said with a slight pout. He ignored my remark and began the next order. I cursed under my breath and marched back to the dining area and handing the women her order. "Enjoy your meal!"

Law's POV:
—————————
I walked down the rusty pavements of my home town, taking a deep breath of air in the process. I tugged the suitcase behind me with ease and I recalled the events of what happened here the last time I live in this town. It's been 16 years. Since that accident. And I'm the only one who remembers it. Why you may ask? Because everyone who knew about it is deceased. But that's a story for another time. Ever since that happened I've been in touch with my uncle Cora-San for comfort, he's been like a father to me since childhood. I've made the decision to move back here and live with him, mainly for his sake. He's been diagnosed with heart disease and I'm looking to get him as much treatment as possible by trying get a new job around here. I looked at the windows of a few small shops that spread left and right of the streets of flevance. A specific shop caught my eye.

BARATIE
PANCAKE PARLOR

I hummed as I noticed small flyers at the outside of the windows. I grabbed one.

BARATIE: NOW HIRING!

Along with a bunch of other information that you'd see on a business flyer. 20 dollars an hour for pancakes? Hell yeah. It's not much for medical bills but it's definitely a start. I took the flyer and stuffed it in the pocket of my jacket. Already off to a fresh new start.

-time skip-

I hesitantly rung the doorbell. Awaiting as the faint sound of footsteps grew louder, approaching the door. It opened to see a bed head looking cora-San. For a moment he just stared at me as if to process the fact I was here. "AAAAAA LAW" he yelled and embraced me so right I'm pretty sure I broke something. He than started rambling nonsense and at this point I was suffocating. "Ok ok let me go now." I mumbled and he pulled away with tear stained cheeks. "Y-yes just come here so I can take you to your room." He mumbled through his sobs.

Luffy's POV:
—————————-
I placed the final plate on the table and sighed in relief. "Enjoy your meal" I mumbled and slumped back into the kitchen, wiping beads of sweat from my forehead. I undid the apron that wrapped my waist, and slumped against the counter. "So..tired!" I whined and sanji rolled his eyes. "Are you actually tired or just hungry?" He said cleaning the marbled counter. "Both." I spoke honestly and grabbed some blueberry's from the fridge. "Zeff's gonna be pissed off if he finds out your eating those." Sanji commented. "I know." I hummed and closed the fridge "which is why he won't find out" I snickered and left the kitchen. I do morning shifts and after school, very rarely after school but today it was busy for some reason. I swung the door open "see ya at school." Sanji said from the kitchen. "See ya!" I responded and walked around the corner of the pavemented streets. "Ahhh there it is." I looked above me at the bar, "SHAKKY'S BAR AND GRILL" as the sign read. I love to come here, they have delicious meat. I marched in and grabbed a handful of belli, slamming it on the table. "5 pounds of meat! The usual!" I said and the bartender makino laughed, she's a very nice women, she even gives me food. "How's business down the street?" She asked as she wrote down my order. "Same old same old, I got some extra tips today." I stated and took a sip of water. "Glad to hear it! How much more till college?" I sighed. "...a lot" I frowned as she handed me my plate. "Don't beat yourself up kiddo, it's not easy." She stated and leaned over the counter. "I guess so.." I agreed and dug into the meat before me. "How it's going over here?" I asked with a mouthful of food. "Well someone thought it would be a good idea to try and rob the cash register, some thugs but shanks sacred em off." She spoke with a small laugh. My eyes perked up from my plate. "SHANKS?! SHANKS WAS HERE?" I could've sworn stars beamed from my eyes. "He sure was." I smiled. Shanks is my childhood hero and the best cop in town. I wonder how he's doing.. I quickly finished my plate and looked behind makino to see a clock. Oh no! I'm late! "Ah! I gotta go, ace and Sabo will get mad. Thanks makino" I said and ran out of the restaurant.

To be continued...