Chapter 2: new guy

Luffy's POV:
————————
I wiped the beads of sweat from my forehead, I quite literally ran to get here in time. I had after school detention because some guy was picking on my freind Nami, Arlong I think his name was. I beat him up, Nami was happy though so it was worth it. I rushed in and immediately started working on a order that was already taken. "Your late." Sanji said and I rubbed the back of my head sheepishly. "Couldn't help it," I said honestly and quickly poured pancake batter on the pan with ease. Suddenly I heard shouting from across the kitchen, "this guys on a roll!" One person said, "Luffy has some competition!" My ears perked at the last comment. What happened? I looked over with a puzzled look. "I heard there's a new guy. They say he's good." Sanji said with a sigh and I frowned. "Pfft as if anyone could replace me! I've been top employee for over a year. I doubt it'll change because of some new hot shot." I said and walked out of the kitchen, plates in hand. "Here ya go!" I said happily and placed the food infront of the customer. Just as I was about to take an order, some guy sneaked up behind me. "I can take this one." He said and I whipped my head around, behind me stood a guy with black locks and side burns. He had gold pierced ears and dark grey eyes..I liked them. I quickly shrugged the thought off and focused. "N-no Thanks I'll be fine." I said honestly. "I insist."

Law's POV:
————————-
"I insist." I spoke as respectfully as I could. I don't think this guy understands how badly I need all the money I can get. The smaller guy infront of me furrowed his brows at my response. "No really I'm fine." He said and I could sense his sarcasm. Really? Just let me take the fucking order already..I looked down at the table infront of us, it was a rather obese women with pink hair, Charlotte lin lin I think her name was. I barley moved into this town but I've seen her come into here at least five times already. She must have a sweet tooth. She had a grumpy expression, probably from watching the two of us. Suddenly the smaller guy started to speak "listen here mr—!..." his eyes darted to my name tag. "Mr um tra g-giggity galgar!" Really? "Trafalgar" I corrected and he scoffed. "Whatever! Stop being such a—" before he could finish the owner zeff marched to us with a stern look planted on his face. He turned to the guy I was arguing with. "Luffy!!" Well now I know his name. "What are you doing making a fuss with our new employee?!" He asked "just look at miss lin lin! She's been waiting for her order to be taken!!, I'll be taking that!" He said grabbing a small blue pin that rested on the brim of Luffy's shirt. "BARATIE'S BEST EMPLOYEE" it read in big bold letters. "AH" he shrieked. "I'll give this back once you learn to get a grip. Now hurry up and take the order." Zeff scolded before walking away. It made me almost feel bad for the kid. I went to the kitchen area of the parlor and began to work on an order.

Luffy's POV:
————————-
I cant believe this guy made me loose my spot!! And over some dumb order..today is seriously the worst. The tra whatever guy walked away and I grumbled while taking out my notepad. After big mom ordered half the menu I returned to the kitchen and sanji luckily had cooked some backup pancakes. I continued to make some myself since it's not easy to feed lin lin, she's one of the regulars, but honestly it's a whole win with the money this whole thing costs. I hummed as I flipped a pancake over the stove, I eventually finished than and tossed them on some polished dishes, going to the dining area. "Mama!, mama!." She always had such a weird laugh. "Enjoy
your meal!" I said and went back to the kitchen.

-time skip-

When I arrived home Sabo was slumped against the couch watching some sort of show, ace was on his laptop playing some sort of rhythm game. I sat on the couch next to Sabo, grabbing the bowel of popcorn in his hands and taking a handful. "Watcha watching?" I asked with a mouthful of popcorn. "Demon slayer, koala said it was good." I nodded. "How was work?" He asked and I scoffed recalling today's events. "Some new guy was hired and got my position taken from me!" I said pouting slightly. "What? Haven't you had that for years?" Ace asked in disbelief from across the room. "Yeah.." I said and sighed. "You haven't had some competition in a while." Sabo said eating the last of the popcorn kernels. "I know..it's annoying." I spoke trying to watch the show. "Lu, this means war with whoever that guy was!" Ace said and I snickered. "Nah I'm serious lu! Tomorrow, walk into the baratie and announce war to him infront of everyone! Pancake wars of course!" He said and I raised a brow. "What?!"

Law's POV:
—————————
I unlocked the creaked wooden door of my home, greeted with the sacred atmosphere.  As I walked into the kitchen for a small snack, I noticed a small sticky note on the coffee table. It was from Cora-San, in sloppy handwriting it read, "went out for groceries. Hope your new job was good." I smiled faintly before shoving the small note in my jeans.  I noticed a small box of chees-itz on the kitchen counter, I grabbed one before sitting on the couch, staring at the ceiling. I popped a cheese-it in my mouth as I recalled the events of today. I wonder what's going on with that weird kid..Luffy I think his name was. I have yet to learn about him..

To be continued....