Chapter 9: old times and new

Hi, I'm sorry updates have been really slow. I have a lot going on with school, and I also recently found out I'm moving. So yeah, I'll try to update whenever I get the chance. Love you all. 👍

Luffy's POV:
————————-
Makino sighed from the other side of the bar. "Well kiddo..you said you wanted to talk?" She asked wiping down the hardwood counters. I nodded slowly, tracing circles around my palm with my thumb. "Ok, but no more meat today, if shaky finds out I'm selling past 6:30 she'll kill me." She said with a shiver. I felt the corners of my mouth twitch into a small smile hearing that. "It's nothing like that.." I assured. "By the way, is shanks in town or anything?" I asked and as if on que, the door to the bar opened. Revealing a certain red headed cop. "My ears are ringing." He said and I grinned. "Shanks!" I got up and went to hug him, he hugged me back with a small chuckle escaping his lips. I smiled before taking a seat with him. "So what's been going on buddy?" He asked ruffling my hair and I sighed. "It's a lot..I don't know where to begin." Shanks nodded and smiled softly, "well I'm here to listen."

Law's POV:
————————-
Not before long Corazan's eyes began to flutter open. He groaned and sat up to face me. "Law? Why are you here?" He asked with a puzzled look rubbing his blonde head. I simply smiled. "Didn't they tell you?" I said and he shook his head. "Well um..I cured you. I payed off the fee." I said softly with a hint of happiness in my voice. A small silence passed between us. "..so that means?" He asked and I knew what he meant, simply nodding in response. "I'm getting us out of here soon. I promise it." I was expecting him to be just as happy as me, but that wasn't the case it seemed. Something different. He gave me a small frown and I responded with a raised brow. "Law..your leaving so soon?" He asked in disappointment and I nodded. "But I'm gonna take you with me. We can go somewhere else." I tried to assure  him. He shook his head. "I'm not planning on leaving anytime soon, and I didn't expect you to leave as soon as my disease was gone.." he spoke and his voice got quieter. A small lump formed in my throat. It seemes as if the world is against me today, nobody wants me to leave..so what choice do I make? I've been wanting to get out of here ever since I stepped foot in this town but..Luffy, especially Luffy. And Cora-san, they both want me to stay. And I don't know how to feel.

Luffy's POV:
————————-
As I finished explain the last bits and parts of my situation shanks slowly nodded and I felt relieved. He was always a great listener. "I see.." he stated simply putting his two tan palms together and resting them on the wooded counter. A moment of silence passed through us. "What's his name again? Trafalgar?" He said suddenly interrupting the silence and getting up, his hand motioned for me to follow. I got up from the wooden stool and nodded. Makino waves bye to us as we headed out. "Where are we going?" I asked and followed him to his car. "I work with the government, I can probably try and track his vehicle or phone if I got some help. I can tell this means a lot to you kiddo. I'm willing to help. Wanna come to the station and find out?" He said with a grin and I beamed. I've only ever been with shanks to his police station once, it was a long time ago when I was about 8 years old. But I do remember it being fun. I hopped in the back of his car, and buckled my seat belt in with a small click. Tra-guy..I hope I can see you again.

10 years ago:
—————————
8 year old Luffy sat on a small curbside of the local park. The hot heat of the summer weather made small beads of sweat form on his forehead. He wiped his hand against the damp skin. "To hot.." he groaned taking a lick of the vanilla ice cream that was begging to melt into his small hands. Small amounts of the melted treat could be seen dribbling down the side of the cone. Surprisingly the park was fairly empty that day, probably because of the unbearable heat. Luffy and his brothers were forced however to go outside because of their stubborn grandfather they lived with at the time. He had said "you brats need to stop staring at those fuzzy electronics and go outside!" And proceeded to lock them outside. They had memorized the town like the back of their hand and found themselves at the park. "Luffy! Me and Sabo are gonna go try and find beetles on the other side. Don't do anything dumb." Ace yelled as Luffy nodded in response. Soon they were off. Leaving Luffy on his own. Luffy stared out into the heat for a brief moment, and spotted something, or rather someone. He saw a small glimpse of a black blob that he soon made out to be a man in a black hoodie. He also soon noted that the man kept coming closer. Slowly. Closer, and closer. Luffy thought nothing of it at first, but soon began to become slightly uncomfortable seeing the man only about 6 feet away from him. Luffy trembled slightly. "Don't be scared little guy, just c'mere..I'm not gonna hurt ya." The man spoke in a low voice that sent shivers down Luffy's back. All though it was already hot outside he began to sweat much harsher. "I..g-go..Away." Luffy found himself to scared to even speak properly. He had heard story's of kidnappings all the time but never thought he'd find himself in such a situation. He half consciously dropped the vanilla cone onto the ground. He tried to scoot away from the man but he only seemed to loon closer..

To be continued...