Chapter 10: conflict

AN: This chapter was cut kind of short, sorry updates have been slow.

10 years ago:
—————————
Luffy tried to scoot away from the man but he only seemed to loon closer. He was now quivering, desperately trying to understand and grasp what was happening. But before Luffy could even speak he felt a pair of large hands grab him and one slap over his mouth. He let out muffled screams against the man's palms but it seemed useless. Just when his life was flashing before his eyes, he saw the man's grip loosen and him let out a groan of pain. Luffy looked for the source and found a red haired officer glaring at the man. The tears that stained Luffy's cheeks were streaming as his eyes grew wide. The red haired man pulled the hooded kidnapper  by the ear and whispered something Luffy couldn't make out, but it sent shivers down the other's spine. Causing him to run away. "..th-thank you!" Luffy sobbed and jumped up clutching the police officer's uniform in his fists, staining the blue material with tears. He let out a chuckle, "any time kid, now what we're you doing out here all by yourself?" He asked patting Luffy's black hair. Luffy wiped his face with his forearm. "M-my brothers were here to, but they went to go look for something." He spoke. The red haired officer nodded. "So kid, what's your name? You can call me officer shanks."

Law's POV:
—————————
"You should be greatful to me!" I yelled unconsciously at the blonde man in the hospital bed. He scoffed. "You think I invited you over just so you could pay off my shit and leave? I wanted you to move in for a reason! Not so you can just come and leave within a couple of weeks!" He yelled getting closer within my range. This is ridiculous. We are grown men, we shouldn't have to argue like this. "I'm an adult, I can make my own decisions." I grumbled in response avoiding his gaze. "I know that. But you should consider other people's feelings, not just yourself!" After that sentence was spoken or rather yelled, both of us had a moment of silence. I thought about it for a moment, or rather thought about him and Luffy. Examining my situation from different point of views. In Cora's situation, I'm his nephew who he hasn't seen in person for over a decade, and finally came to visit. But now that he's better I want to leave for good this time, and probably won't be coming back for at least another couple of years...I guess I could see how that's kinda selfish. In Luffy's situation, I'm a stranger that came and stole his working position that he's had for a while, but I'm also someone who's become his friend, and he's also fallen in love with me it seems. What I said was kind of rude, I must admit I wouldn't like the person I fell in love with yelling at me, or moving away right at the worst time..but my only problem with these situations, is what to do.

Luffy's POV:
—————————
"Are we there yet?" I wined slumping in the back seat of the police car. "Calm down, we barley left the bar a couple of minutes ago." Shanks spoke turning the steering wheel. I frowned. I thought about tra-guy, I wonder if he really hates me. He'd probably be mad at me for trying to find him again, he really wanted to leave. Maybe something happened to him personally? I don't know. But I wonder if he could ever return my feelings..it only seems like a blurred fantasy really. Lost in my haze I felt the car come to a holt, "whe're here." He spoke and I nodded, unbuckling the seat belt with a small 'click.' I hopped out of the car and slammed the door shut, following behind shanks. As I entered the police station my eardrums were automatically filled with the sounds of almost a thousand ringing phones and typing computers, as well as the classic "911, what's your emergency?" That had to be spoken even more than the actual phone calls. i jumped a bit at the sudden change in atmosphere. It was noisy to say the least. I followed shanks to a room in the back,where he typed random things that I didn't pay attention to. "Welp, good news kiddo." He spoke catching my attention. "What is it?" I asked eagerly. "It seems your little friend is still in town. He's at the downtown hospital." I felt a spark of hope form and a warm relief fill my heart.

To be continued...