19

The bruising on your neck and back has settled into a vibrant violet hue. A simple turtleneck hides the color, but it can't bury the guilt that grips you. You're unusually quiet at work and everyone notices but doesn't ask. You're really glad they don't.

The shop's been super busy with the buzz of the latest collaboration and the cheer of the upcoming spring season. A sudden burst of creativity motivates you to sketch some new ideas in your book when a hand comes down on your desk and startles you.

"Jimin."

At first, he's convincingly serious but he breaks into a smile when you say his name. He lifts his hand and reveals a small card.

"What's this?" you ask, picking it up to get a closer look. It's the keycard to a hotel room.

"For tonight."

You unconsciously clench at the thought of having him inside you again. It's been a while since the last time, and the surprise invitation is something to swoon over. There's just one problem: the fresh love bites left by another man. You have to refuse. "Tonight's not—"

"Don't do that," he cuts in. "This is what you wanted. If you back out, I won't waste my time again."

This is a side of him you've never seen, and you like it. An impromptu rendezvous is an appealing offer, but the timing couldn't be worse. You can't fuck him with a turtleneck on. That would just be weird and uncomfortable. "Well, I wouldn't want to spend the night together in case it changes things between us."

"We'll forget about it when we return to regular life anyway, won't we?" he asks. You did say that, but this might be too much. He slides the keycard away. "I won't ask again."

You grab his hand to stop him from leaving. He sure is good at negotiating with the naive. "Okay, but you should lower your expectations."

He raises a brow. "Why? Have you lost your touch?"

You chuckle at the thought of that. "Of course not. Just promise you won't let anything ruin the night."

He bites his lip as he makes sense of your request. "Okay."

You smile hesitantly. You shouldn't be eager. You have no idea how he'll react tonight, and you can't bring yourself to tell him the truth outright. He leans over your desk with glimmering eyes and everlasting confidence. "I want to kiss you," he whispers, "but I'll save it for later."

You haven't taken one full breath before he backs away, waving to Lisa who must've heard the whole conversation as she dresses a bust form in the window display. You tug the collar of your turtleneck and blush embarrassingly brightly.

"He's cute," she says, still buttoning the bust form's shirt.

You gulp and sweat some more. Damn this turtleneck. Damn Jungkook. "Yeah, he is."

She chuckles. "I'm lying. He's totally hot." She looks up and meets your eyes. This should feel like a breakthrough moment. She might've just forgiven you thanks to Jimin's very seductive show, but you're guiltier than ever. The lies will blow up in your face as everyone's stories overlap and entwine.

"Lisa, I have a young lady looking to buy a suit for herself," Yoonki informs. "I think you're the perfect person to help."

Lisa sets the bust form in the window and leaves for the fitting rooms. You exhale a long breath and brush back your hair. "That was great timing," you say.

"You're not normal today," Yoonki comments.

You shrug and blow a raspberry. "I'm leaving early. I'll make up for it with those sweets you girls love."