A Talk Under the Stars

SPOILERS FOR CHAPTER ONE!

Ouma walked out of the trial room. Watching that happen to Kaede... he didn't want people to know how much it hurt. Of course, he couldn't be vulnerable, that's what he had learned from running DICE.

Ouma was in his room, putting up a picture of Kaede with an illustration of rope next to a photo of Rantaro with an illustration of a shot put ball when he heard a knock on his door. Determined to not let people see his room, he got up to look through the keyhole. There was the person who had confessed to him two days into the game, Kaito Momota.

'Who cares if HE sees my room? Not like people would believe him if he told'' Ouma thought to himself. Kokichi opened the door and pulled Kaito in.

"Hey! What the hell ya doin' man? That hurt!" Kaito yelled. He looked at Kokichi's room. "What the hell? You part of a cult or sumthin?" "I am not! DICE is not a cult. Of course, YOU wouldn't know." Kokichi sad, nudging Kaito in the stomach. "Hey! Knock it off!" "Nishishi, what did you want from me? I don't have time to talk to idiots." Kokichi said playfully.

"Oh yeah, that!" 'Fucking Himbo' Kokichi thought. "The stars are out! I dunno if the dome is showing us fake stars, but they look nice!" Kaito said. "Fiiiiiine, I'll go." Kokichi said, rolling his eyes. While Kaito was a dumbass, Kokichi found him interesting. He wasn't boring, and he was fun to mess with. They walked out of Kokichi's room and went outside.

"The grass is all wet! >:0" Kokichi whined, looking at the dew covered ground. "Jeez, just use my coat!" Kaito said, laying it down. Kokichi lay down on the coat and Kaito sat next to him. There was a short yet awkward pause that Kokichi broke. "Ya know what? You're annoying and stupid but you're pretty great. Don't tell anyone though." Kokichi said, wrapped up in Kaito's jacket. "H-huh? Y-your serious?" Kaito asked. "Noooo!!" Kokichi said, "I'm a liar, duh." They both knew Kokichi wasn't lying.

"Why'd you ask me to come here? The stars are cool, but like, of all times? After the trial?" Kokichi questioned. "Well- I-I was just thinking we could talk! You gotta stay strong! Man up!" Kaito said. "Well, I could care less. Like Kaede was nice, but" "I know you're lying." Kaito interjected. Kokichi rolled to face Kaito. Kaito's eyes were serious but caring. "You can tell me stuff. That's what I'm here for!" "Fine. I'll tell you stuff, but if you say I'll kill you."

•••••

"Oh wow. I-I'm sorry Kokichi." Kaito said, patting his boyfriend's head. Kokichi had sat up during his rant, and while he wasn't crying he felt vulnerable. He lay down. "Watcha doin? Looking at the stars?" Kokichi just grunted. He was on his side, eyes closed. Kaito looked at the stars. He felt a hand on his chest. Kokichi had put it there. Kaito squeezed it. Not long later, they were both asleep.

AAAAAAAA SO CUTE! I tried to give Kokichi a soft side but not make him an UwU gay soft boi, I hope it worked! Word count: 544