36: Something I Needed

tw: suicide, insensitivity, very emotional
pls vote and comment
The car firmly parked in the gray garage, and I felt the overwhelming feeling or urgency to read the letter.

The rose colored envelope, sat calmly in my purse. Melody was sleeping in the back as I went to grab it. I had put off the letter the whole day, knowing it was of importance.

His name was written out at the top of the letter and I shuddered, remembering him making me say it.

It was a letter that would only hurt me more, as I traced over the neatly, pressed in words at the top of the address.

I tucked it back in my bag, wishing I had never received it. Wishing he would've never written this to me.

I couldn't tell the angel in the back seat, what he had done to me. She knew Daniel was, she knew he was the worst person she knew and hopefully the only one.

I knew what he was, a monster at best. I knew the feeling of his words could still control me, the simple presence of his words in my mind could always have an effect on me. It would never stop, the nightmares, the pain, the words and I knew this letter would only make it worse.

I shut the car door and slowly and softly woke up Mel, as she leaned against me. We walked to the elevator, with a slow pace. Her hands brushed against my leg as I pulled her up on my back as she held on.

I unlocked our level and opened the door to Nolan waiting on arrival.

Boxes scattered the penthouse, as I looked around and saw Nolan in his suit and with a wide smile.

"What is this?", I asked him and his smile increased widely. He held his hand out as I took it softly. He spun me around as I felt something being tied around my eyes.

"It's time for the surprise, come on." He whispered, he took Mel and I's hand and guided us back down to the garage.

"I am terrified", I said and Nolan chuckled as he kept guiding us to the car.

"It's a short ride I promise", he said and I voluntarily slipped into the front seat. The car ride was short and filled with unsolved tension, as Nolan's hand brushed against my exposed thigh.

The car came to a slowed pace and my door opened suddenly as I smelt the fresh air, and I knew we were far from the city.

His hand leeched onto mine, as I followed his hand guiding me out of the car. I held onto him, as he pulled me with him. He held my waist as he stood behind me and undid the slip. It fell to the ground as my eyes were captivated on the house.

It was vividly in my memory, and I looked back at the park across the street. It was still there, with the pink and purple bench we ate our cake on.

Tears ran down my eyes as I realized what he had done.

"This is our home, if you want to live here, I know it's old and-", he began saying as I crashed my lips against him and pulled away.

"It's beautiful, thank you", I said and he smiled happily as he held my hand.

"How did you know?", I asked, remembering how I spoke about this house with him, and the old couple that lived there. Everyday on my birthday, and my mom's we would come to the park across the street and eat our cake and she promised we would be happy together here in this very home.

"I have my ways and I'm hoping this will be our forever home, all of us", he spoke to Melody and I. I couldn't thank him enough for everything he did for me. Taking her in was something I didn't ask him to do, but he did it anyways and I will never be able to thank him enough.