Epilogue: Unexpected Timing Pt.1

2 months later, meaning Natalie is 8 months along

Natalie's POV
"Can't you stay? Do you really have to go, or how's this maybe I can come with you?", I asked, more like begged for Nolan to stay. I was 8 months along and he was leaving me to go on his stupid business trips. I now looked like a watermelon ready to burst, and I felt like any second I would definitely burst. And then he would be on a plane somewhere while I bursted and he wouldn't be here.

"It's not safe for you to travel it'll just be one day, I'm coming home tomorrow, I promise", he kissed my head lightly as I let myself lean against his body.

"I'll miss you", I said, giving him one last kiss, before he took off on his business trip, I knew he wouldn't have gone unless it was necessary but I really really wanted him to stay behind.

"Is Nolan gone already?", Mel asked, running out of her room and out of the house, to hear the car driving off.

"Just missed him", I said, and she brought herself back inside the house, locking the door. She looked as if she had just woken up, and her yawning confirmed it as she strolled over to the kitchen.

"Good morning", she said hugging me happily, she wiped her eyes, and took a seat on the barstool.

"Alison invited us to dinner for tonight, if you just want to rest at home you can stay, they won't mind", I said, and her eyes darted away from mine, I knew she had been having a rough time with life at the moment.

There was some bad drama, taking place at that preppy school, and now I wished we hadn't enrolled her in there. I knew the whole of it, or what she had told me but I wished there was something I could do.

"I think I'll go, it'll be nice to see everyone, I haven't seen Leah in a while", she said, pushing around the eggs and bacon, I had plated for her.

"It only starts at 4, and I have the day off, Paris had to deal with some family drama I guess", I said, catching her ears, and I wish I hadn't said anything about Paris.

"Oh how are they?", she asked, casually, well trying to seem very casual about it.

I knew she wasn't asking about Paris, or anyone else that considered family, expect for Dallas. They had some strange thing about them.

"He's good, he'll be back soon", I told her and she looked embarrassed, I knew who she was asking about. Dallas had been taken out of school for a while, it was something I hadn't asked Paris much about. I wasn't aware of the reason.

"That's good, yeah good for him, it's great yeah", she said, taking a big gulp of water and pushing the eggs around with her fork.

"I was thinking today, we can do whatever you want to do", I said, looking at the time and trying to get a happy expression from her.

"I could go for some lunch, and froyo", she said, showing a little smile from her.

"Sounds good", I said, as I finished washing up the dishes and took a seat on the barstool.

"How'd you know Nolan was the one?", her question came out of nowhere and it scared me at first as I looked at her.

I didn't know how to answer it, I guessed she just wanted an honest answer.