Chapter 9- Gut Instinct

(Calix's Point of View)

Regret...

That's what I feel until now.

I should've followed my gut instinct that something happened to my Niña Bonita that night.

I was blinded by my own feelings and I made a decision that overpowered my mind so I followed my human needs.

D*mn why did I touched Bella that night?

Savvy was missing for two days and I couldn't do anything but to wait for his dad's update.

I should've taken her number and tracked her.

I was so disappointed with myself.

She's just another woman that I met but I never felt this way before.

I've never been this worried with another woman aside from my mom.

Who am I kidding?

Savannah Santiago is not just another woman to me, she's something else.

I had two sleepless nights because I was thinking about her.

Bella was calling me and I don't feel like answering her calls.

I asked Alejandro to help me search for Savvy but we couldn't find her.

How can a f*cking mercenary like me lose someone special?

After two days of waiting, his dad finally updated me and told me to look after her daughter.

I took a bath and changed my clothes as soon as I heard the news and I went to their house.

She was at her room and deep inside in my heart I knew that I missed her absolutely f*cking much!

I kissed and hugged her and I don't want to let go.

I thought she was going to push me at an instant but she never did.

From this day on, I promised that I will protect this woman with my life.

They said promises are meant to be broken but that doesn't apply in my world.

After few minutes, we both realized that she was just wearing a thin fabric so she slapped me for stealing her first kiss then she ran to her closet.

She wore her loose shirt and her red laced undies.

I was about to go out of her room when she said, "Please stay with me tonight!"

"If that's what you like, I will stay with you tonight."

I watched her until she fell asleep.

Her face was so peaceful and calm.

I could watch her for hours.

She is so beautiful not just physically but I knew she also has a genuine heart.

After watching her for few hours,
I was about to close my eyes then I heard her scream, "P...please don't touch me! D...don't hurt me!"

I hugged her while saying, "It was just a dream my Niña Bonita, I got you and I won't let anyone hurt you!"

She relaxed while her head was on my chest and she hugged me back.

Life is indeed unfair and cruel but what we can do is just to accept things then move on.

I woke up early to prepare a meal for her.

After cooking, I brought it to her room.

She was already awake when I returned to her room.

"Oh you're not just a bodyguard now huh? So what did you prepare for me?"

"Here is a bacon and egg. I also brought you a milk."

"Yum yum!"

After eating her breakfast she went to the bathroom and I also took a shower from the guest room.

Her dad gave me a uniform.

"Remember, you're here to protect my daughter but don't you dare play with her feelings!"

"Sir, I will protect your daughter even if it cost me my life and I don't do relationships so I won't mess with her feelings!"

Who am I kidding?

I started to feel things the first time I saw her.

It's really hard to fall for the forbidden fruit but it's more difficult to stay away from her.

Did I just say fall?

No I won't fall for her, I just care for her as a friend...as a boss.

I waited for her at the living room then after few minutes she went out of her room and said, "Let's go big boy!"

She had covered her bruises pretty well and she walked as if nothing bad happened to her.

I stared at her then she smiled and said, "Do I have something on my face? Don't tell me that I failed to cover a bruise."

I just held her hand and said, "Oh stop overthinking boss girl, you are perfect!"

We used my car and I decided to pick her up every morning then I will make sure that she returns safe and sound after office hours.

"I'm not used to having someone follow me everywhere so you're lucky that I do enjoy your company!"

"Hmmm I won't get you out of my sight and you can't get rid of me easily!"

I let her go to her office alone whilst I parked the car.

When I entered the building a group of women asked my name and asked what time I was going to leave and they invited me to go to a bar after work.

Of course I told them that I will check my schedule because the safety of my boss girl is my priority.

When I entered the office she said, "Lock the door!"

"Oh! It's too early boss girl we can have some time alone later."

"Don't keep your hopes up Mr. Calix Cornelius! I want you to lock the door when you leave!"

"If I stay outside, will you let me talk to your gorgeous secretary and your other stunning female employees?"

"Ugh, do whatever you want as long as you don't disturb me cause I have tons of papers to read."

Before I left, I gave her a quick kiss on her right cheek and I saw her blushed.

I gave her the space she wanted.

I went outside her room and spent the day talking with the other guards.

I hate waiting for the time to pass by doing nothing but for my boss girl, I'll patiently wait.

After few hours, it was time to go home.

I knocked at her door but her secretary told me that she has an important meeting so I stayed outside.

After few minutes, the door opened and I saw a man coming out from her office. It was the same man whom I saw with her when she twisted her ankle.