Epilogue

"Where do you want this box?" Hyojin called from the hallway.

Yuto peeked his head past the door frame. "Oh, that one needs to go upstairs, just leave it on the stack and we'll take it up later."

"That should be everything, then," Seungjun remarked, wandering over to Yuto.

"I'm pretty sure, yeah," Minkyun answered instead when he dropped another moving box in the rather empty living room.

The room only had Minkyun's old couch and TV in it so they had some furniture to live on.

"Do you all want something to eat?" Yuto offered. "I bought soup before."

"Yeah, sure," Changyun called from the kitchen as he was just done loading in the fridge. The others agreed to the meal as well and finished the tasks they were doing.

"Alright." Yuto went to the stove to figure out how it worked and found the moving box with pots to get one out of. His old apartment had a gas stove, but this one was electrical so Yuto stared at the buttons on the plate.

Minkyun did his best to arrange some chairs around a table for everyone to sit on. When he also got to the kitchen, Yuto was still staring at the counter and sometimes beeps were heard as he pressed a finger on symbols on the glass. Minkyun chuckled and settled behind Yuto, a hand on his hip while the other reached over to press and hold the lock icon long enough until the stove lights jumped up.

"Oh," Yuto murmured and found the buttons that got the right pit heated. He tried to get everything in the pot while Minkyun clung onto him from behind.

"Go put snacks on the table," Yuto ordered but Minkyun just squeezed him tighter and buried his nose into Yuto's hair.

"Kyun," Yuto giggled and turned himself around, "go take care of the guests."

"Let me hug you for a bit," Minkyun bargained, pulling Yuto against his chest.

Agreeing with the deal, Yuto wrapped his arms around Minkyun's torso.

"I love you," Minkyun breathed.

Yuto looked up to give him a short peck. "I love you too, now go take care of the others," he repeated.

"Yes, yes."

Minkyun found bowls and cutlery to fill the table with, and snacks that the others could nibble on until the soup was done.

Nearly two years had passed since their weird trip to the US. And while it seemed to have gone by fast, they had taken their time getting settled into their relationship.

Minkyun had promised himself to make better thought out decisions this time around, but he had quickly noticed that it just still felt right with Yuto. There was no constant arguing or useless miscommunication. When Minkyun had something come up at the last minute which was out of his control, Yuto would say nothing condescending about it and simply helped shuffle any plans around. In return, if something for the other went unexpected, like Yuto had to work overtime, Minkyun would just wait a few extra hours to heat their dinner so they could still eat together.

The respect for each others' time and mistakes was relaxing. Minkyun cherished every second spent together from the simple lazy evenings on the couch to the elaborate dates.

He hadn't thought a relationship could be effortless, or at least, wouldn't drain his energy. He put the effort into making Yuto happy, but it was never a chore to do so, it all went naturally.

After a while, they spent nearly every day together and decided to buy a house together, as Yuto had wanted to move out of his apartment anyway.

Yuto was more one to keep it simple and practical, while Minkyun enjoyed little knick-knacks and was larger in his plans. They often settled on a middle road.