Chapter 2

Obnoxious alarm sounds welcomed the next morning, a lot sooner than Minkyun would've liked.

After washing up and putting on a summery outfit, he checked his phone to see that he finally got a text telling him the car he rented had been delivered. Finding a proper outfit, he quickly made his way downstairs to accept the keys and park it somewhere in the hotel parking lot for now.

When he got back to their floor, he went to Yuto's room.

"Hey," he said after a small knock on the door.

"Ye—"—Yuto cleared his throat—"Yeah?"

"Just wanted to check if you were up," Minkyun informed through the wood, "we should go soon if we don't want to have to rush."

"Yes, of course," the other hummed back.

"I'll tell everyone to meet in the lobby, so just go there when you're done packing," Minkyun ordered and went to tell the rest the same.

After nearly an hour and a good hotel breakfast, clear skies greeted the group outside the hotel in the parking lot. Yuto had put one of his new outfits, stylish jean shorts and a breezy shirt, right for the hot weather predictions of today.

"You guys know when your flight home is, right?" Minkyun asked as he opened the boot of the car.

"Yeah, yeah," Seungjun hummed, "you just focus on the trip. Take good care of Yuto."

"I can take care of myself," Yuto argued while placing his suitcase inside the car.

Seungjun stepped up behind Yuto and trapped him in his arms. "But you're leaving me for some random man," he said in an overly dramatic tone.

"I'm going on a small trip with one of your best friends," Yuto groaned as the other squeezed and shook him, nearly making the cap he was wearing fly off.

Seungjun chuckled and let go. "I'm just happy for you," he sang, which rewarded him with an eye roll from Yuto while he closed the boot again.

"Well," Minkyun said after, "please make sure you get to the airport in time and let me know when you all arrive home safely, alright?"

"Of course," Changyun assured, "don't be so worried. It's weird to see you act responsible."

"This was all my doing," Minkyun reminded him, "so I do want to make sure it ends well..."

"Alright already, go on your trip. Get out," Changyun ordered with a grin.

"Okay, okay."

Minkyun walked to the driver's seat and opened the door. "Get home safe, and have fun today," he said before stepping into the car.

Yuto joined him soon after accompanied by a few 'you too's from the group.

"Is everything alright? Do you have everything with you?" Minkyun asked his passenger.

"Yepp, I checked twice."

"Good." Minkyun jotted the address of their destination into his phone, making sure Yuto couldn't see what it was, and placed his phone in a mount on the dashboard. "Let's go then."

He ducked down to wave at the others one more time before putting his sunglasses on and starting the engine to pull out of the parking lot. Minkyun was slightly worried if that unorganized bunch could handle everything well, but he just put his trust in them and left the hotel behind him.

It were definitely new roads to drive on, they were wide and busy, making the car silent while Minkyun focused on getting used to the car and making his way to more relaxing roads.