Guardian

Some people say words like "fate" and "destiny". I was never one of those people. I liked the idea that i was in control of my life. That the choices i made were how the direction went in my life. That is partly true, but so are fate and destiny. I would never have guessed that my destiny was going to kick in AFTER i died, and my fate was to die with my twin brother in an automobile accident.

That may sound horrible i know, but we did not suffer and thats kinda where this story begins. You see, if you have suffered in life, in death you should have nothing but peace and all the good things to recover from the ordeals. But like my brother and I, if you have had a happy and wonderful life fulled with love and contentment, there is a little something you need to give back after you leave your body.

After all there are certain jobs that need doing even in the afterlife. There has to be someone on the other end of that tunnel to guide the new souls to their place of peace and contentment, and someone to mourn the lost souls as they disolve into the darkness. There also has to be someone to fight off the evil that we see all too much of, on earth. Not an evil in the way we were taught in sunday school! this evil is a presence in the form of black muck. an evil muck that comes up from lost souls and forms into an army of fightable foe. One whole presence with the remnants of the souls of the lost. This muck is like a wave which never recedes.

so that is where the choice came into play. so I, Calindra, chose to become one of the many guardian's or "guardian angels" as you would know us, and my precious brother, Calarmar, would be one of the warrior angels, like an arch angel, he kinda reports to them, to the big ones we all know.

It's a great job to have, but it has its moments. I get to see Cal when he has a break and is relieved from battle for a bit. That is good. But for me, it's hard watching a soul lost, and for Cal it's hard watching that soul join the black muck that he fights in the neverending battles for good.

It is funny sometimes, I think when you see how much the living get right. We do have beautiful large white wings, and we both wear sandels and bright golden armor with white gowns underneath and always carry swords of truth and good at our hips. There is a tunnel, and we are the light waiting at the other end to guide you through the pearly gates, and yes, there are pearly gates....and they are quite something actually.