Chapter 4

Ok so I decided to try writing in Kylee's POV and see how it works out. Hope it comes out as good as I think it will.......

~~~~~~~~~

Kylee's POV     

It's been over a month since I've been in the group home and I have gotten into yet another fight. This time I knew it was different, because I had actually hurt her. I didn't mean it, but it got out of control when I became angry and I accidentally unleashed the fire and the girl had been badly burned. I was sitting in my bedroom all alone thinking of what to do when I overheard them discussing me. I shuddered to hear the anger. I distinctly heard the words, "Crazy and freak." I closed my eyes trying to block out the sound of their voices but it didn't work they drifted up to me anyhow. That's when I knew I couldn't stay. I had to leave. I got up off my bed and began to pack up what little I owned into my backpack.

Once everything was packed that I could fit, I picked up the backpack and snuck out the window. Once outside and on the ground it hit me that I had no where to go. I slowly just started walking away from the house I had lived in for the last month or so. Finally finding an abandoned warehouse I broke a back window and climbed through it. It wasn't the best but I could make do for tonight as it was getting dark.

I was awakened suddenly to hear voices. I froze remembering where I was and that I was alone. Well okay not alone here any more apparently as I listened to the voices I heard. "Come on Nick we don't need to get in trouble. Let's just go." I heard a guy's voice say. Then another voice that sounded a bit older spoke up. "Will you just shut it. God damn it Travis you are such a coward."

I had to sneak a little closer to where they were as curiosity overcame me. Crouching low to the ground I peaked my head around the corner to see who I assumed were the two guys that I heard. One was really tall if I had to guess I would say around six foot six inches or taller. He had shaggy half way between long and short black hair. The other one was shorter maybe around five ten or so with blond hair that was cut super short almost buzzed on top. I watched as they set up what looked like, oh my goodness is that a pentagram he's drawing?

As I stood there watching them more people showed up. There were both guys and girls walking into the warehouse. I stayed hidden not knowing what would happen to me if I was caught, realizing that they were doing some kind of ritual possibly Wicca ceremony.

It was a couple hours later when some of them started trickling outside and disappeared into the dark night. I wasn't overly concerned for I knew that none of them had seen me witness what they did. I had never imagined that it would be completely condoned. After all I heard one if them say something about initiation, but what I saw, if that was an initiation I never wanted to experience it. It looked just so.. wrong. On so many levels at that.

I had pulled myself once more back beyond the doorway that overlooked where the ceremony had happened. Sitting down finally as my legs were about to give out on me, I began to think more on what I had seen them do. Most of it had seemed harmless, and almost comforting like other peoples version of going to church. But the other thing, it didn't seem normal.

Contemplating that I should tell someone, although not really knowing what to say, I didn't hear or see the man come around the corner where I was. It wasn't until I heard an intake of breath. Startled I slowly raised me eyes to see the blond man standing almost over-top of me. He smiled and it definitely was not a friendly one. "So what did you see?" I finally found my voice. "Um, nothing. Was I suppose to even know anyone was here?" I couldn't look at him any more.