Chapter 2

Y/N's Pov

You and Thalassa only check out the area around the beach house because the sun will be setting soon and you both don't want to get lost.  You both find some pretty shells and rocks, and Thalassa offers to make some jewelry with it later.  You both continue down the shore, getting your feet wet with the salty ocean water.  You decide to follow a little stream of ocean water around the back of your new house.  The stream is about waist deep and slopes down a small hill behind the house.

"Hey, look at this," you call to Thalassa.

She quickly rushes over to you and looks at the large pond you found behind the house.

"Cool, it's like our own private little beach," Thalassa smiles.

"I think I can see a cave behind all of those bushes," you say as you wander forward.

You indeed find a cave and peak your head into the mouth of the cave.  The water is up to your chest now, but you still walk forward a little bit.  Thalassa turns on her phone's flashlight so the both of you can see inside.  You see a little light deep inside the cave, but don't dare swim the distance.

"We should come here later with our swimming gear," you suggest.

"I agree, I would love to explore this cave," Thalassa agrees.  "But I can't say Lion will like it."

You smile at Thalassa's nickname for her brother.  It is supposed to be both a compliment and an insult.  It compliments his physical size and strength, but insults his bravery and fear of water.

"Let's go before Thelonious wonders where we are," you say as you begin to leave the cave.

Thalassa nods and follows you out.  Unfortunately, during the walk back to the house, sand began to stick to your wet legs and clothes.  When you reach the house, Thelonious will not let you in because he refuses to get the house dirty and filled with sand on the first day.  He throws towels at the both of you and demands that your dry off before coming inside.  Both you and Thalassa wipe the sand off your bodies while watching the sunset.  The sky is alight with beautiful shades of red, orange, and yellows.  Even Thelonious takes some time to appreciate it before allowing you to enter the house.

"You should both take your showers.  I'll order some take-out for dinner," Thelonious offers.

"Sure, thanks," you smile.

Thalassa tells you to take your shower first, so you quickly grab some clothing and walk into the bathroom.  The floor tiles are cold against your bare feet as you get undressed.  You step under the rush of warm water from the shower head and scrub your body with your body wash.  You then lather your hair in shampoo and conditioner before washing it out.  Once you finish your shower, you quickly step out, dry yourself, and change.  You exit the bathroom and Thalassa walks in.  You can hear Thelonious still ordering on the phone downstairs so you decide to head over to the balcony on the second floor.  You step onto the wooden balcony and look at the wonderous view of the ocean and sunset.  You sigh and smile, happy that you can enjoy this experience with your friends.

A/N: So I couldn't find a good image of the cave, but I will explain it a bit more for anyone who is confused.  There is a small slope behind your new house and at the bottom of the slope is a large pond.  The pond water is connected to the ocean via a stream.  Near the edge of the pond is a cave that is covered by some bushes and small trees, and the ocean water feeds into the cave.  Inside the cave you have to swim a bit before you reach a sandy island.  The island can fit about 10 large merformers on it with still plenty of room for a couple of humans.  There is a sky hole above the island so the cave is well lit.  I hope that explains it, but if you have any other questions feel free to ask. 😊