Chapter 4:

"Alright, so all you have to do to model, is walk down the runway, pose for a bit, give off a little personality, and walk back. Again, walk like you have importance, dignity, and who am I kidding, I go to school with you. Just walk like normal, the way you do int he hallways." Felix said with an eye roll. Damian knit his eyebrows.

"My father is here. What should I do?" Felix gave a forced smile, placing a hand on Damian's shoulder.

"Show off your best traits. I have no other advice. Just let your superiority complex out for a little bit." Damian glared at him.

"I do not have a-"

"Dove, the show just started, let's calm down." Damian looked into her eyes, and just like in the tent, where he barely had any time to compose himself, he froze. It's not that she wasn't pretty all the time, she was always gorgeous. It was the confident look in her eyes that froze him to the spot. He already knew that he'd do anything for her, even in the time that they'd known one another, but just looking at her, made him realize that he'd willingly take a leap with her, and would never look back. He shook himself of his stupor, and leaned in, ready to let her feel how he truly did, when he was stopped by a tight grip on his shoulder.

"I swear to god, it was so hard to get that makeup look right in under three minutes, you are not ruining that just yet, mini Bruce. You two can snog and canoodle later, but you're not doing that now. You are both obnoxiously adorable and you can do that when the lights flicker off, do you hear me?"

"Yes Maman." Marinette snipped sarcastically. Amelie gently ruffled her hair, so that she wouldn't ruin it.

"Great. Now watch your models, Marinette. It's your show." the ravenette girl pouted, but turned to the stage from behind the curtain. Damian wrapped his arms around her waist from behind as they watched the group go. They watched until Damian was called up. The boy took a deep breath, and placed on his smug grin, knowing he could make it work. He easily picked out his father's shocked face in the audience, but looked past it at different audience members. He made it to the end of the runway, and made eye contact with one woman, then another, as he moved through showing off all the best aspects of the outfit, before taking all the interest and attention back up to him, staring his father and brothers in the eye, flashing a powerful smirk, and walked away, knowing exactly what he'd done. The audience clapped as he entered back into the curtain, and was met with his flustered girlfriend, as another model shot by him, walking past.

"What's got you so flustered, darling?" he hooked a finger under her chin. "I thought I didn't make you nervous?" she was ready to stammer out a reply when she was practically shoved on stage with a microphone. She took a steady breath, before plastering a smile on her face and walking down to the end. She did a small twirl in her midnight gown, the small, microscopic sequins, gave off the impression of the night sky, constellations all in place, letting the crowd gaze at the gown, before stopping.

"Hello, and I hope you enjoyed the show. I am here to announce a few things. Hello, my name is Marinette Dupain Cheng, but better known to you all as MDC." She stood up straight, letting her Ladybug personality seep through. "I have had many accusations, and people pretending to be me, but here is something they are unaware of. My signature," she held up the hem of her dress. A camera zoomed in close, seeing the shimmering silver threaded signature. "My signature, is able to do something extraordinary. Now watch closely." she pulled out a small flashlight from in her pocket, "Oh, another great thing about this dress are the pockets!" the audience chuckled in good humor, while she shined the flashlight on the signature, the silver thread reflected small holographic lights, almost like a diamond, and let the small lights dance around the room. She grinned brightly, before taking the microphone back into her hands. "Now that that's over with, I'm proud to say that I have had help. The reason I am modeling one of my looks is because she had the same measurements as me and also because according to my assistant, I 'made the look'." she glared back at the curtain. The audience laughed once more. "But I would like to thank a couple people, Felix, my lovely  assistant, and head manager of half of my departments, and Allegra the other half of my departments. Without these two, I wouldn't have been able to operate any of this, so I thank you. Lastly, I'd like to thank my love, for sticking by me while I created this stressful thing. Thank you, Damian." behind the curtain, Damian caught her smile, and returned it, along with a nod. "And thank you all for coming. And as for the refreshments you have all waited so long for, well, let's head on over there!" the audience chuckled and clapped, as they were led to through the doors and into the grand parlor. The models and workers alike all made their way, hopping off the stage, and quickly bustling into the room. Damian wrapped an arm around her waist, and pulled her back into a hug. She squeaked, but giggled, placing a small kiss on his cheek.

"I love you so much. Are you aware of that?" he asked gruffly in her ear. She gave him a smug grin, placing her hands on top of his.

"No, I think I need to be made aware." he was about to crash his lips onto hers when they were interrupted by someone clearing their throat. Damian looked up, and scowled at the familiar grin.

"Todd just couldn't keep his mouth shut, could he, Grayson? Todd, Drake, Father, I can see you all, as can she." the three men came out of their respective hiding places, looking almost ashamed. Marinette smiled in amusement, before stepping forward, out of Damian's embrace.

"Marinette. Marinette Dupain Cheng. It's an honor to meet who Dami has spoken so high of." She could feel her boyfriend's embarrassed glare behind her, and she giggled, shaking Bruce's hand. "It really is an honor, sir." Bruce plastered on a 'Brucie smile®' and shook her hand vigorously.

"No miss, the pleasure is mine. I only this morning found out that you and Damian had been dating for as long as you have! It's an absolute surprise that he found someone as sweet as you!" Marinette backed up, and pulled Damian's shoulder down.

"Ok, I know for a fact that he's not like this." Damian snickered.

"Father, you can drop the act." Bruce put on a faux hurt face.

"But Damian, my son, you only now tell me that you were dating this girl-" Damian held up a hand, stern look in his eye.

"Father, I am courting her. There is a significant difference. And Marinette is well aware of your act for the media. She does not need to see your imbecile side." Bruce's fake smile dropped, and was replaced by a small smirk.

"Sorry, Miss Dupain Cheng. I was unaware that you knew much about that. But do tell me, why is it only now that I've heard of you?" Marinette chuckled.

"Well, for reasons on both of our sides. For Damian, he was just terrified that I'd be corrupted, but in reality, I am far beyond corrupted, sorry love." Damian shot her a half-hearted glare. "Anyways, my reasoning is that I was kind of nervous. It's just that Dami spoke so highly of you all, that-"

"Alright, that's enough, you explained, Marinette." Damian muttered with red cheeks. "I know you didn't eat more than a bagel today, so let's go get you dinner. Father, Grayson, feel free to follow."

"What about us brat?" Damian shot them a small smirk behind his back.

"Perish." he simply stated, before he was lightly smack upside the head.

"Damian Wayne, you apologize now. That was mean." Damian took a deep, aggravated sigh, before turning around.

"Apologies to you, Drake. Todd outed us so he deserves it." 

"Hey!" Jason shouted in annoyance before he followed the chuckling group into the parlor.