Chapter 2: A Strange Monokuma?

⠀⠀Not a moment after, they were off. Armies of hostile Monokumas immediately swarmed the two as they made their way. However, the luckster and the detective had progressively gotten better at fighting them off. Shooting them down left and right with their megaphone-like weapons, they raced to their designated spot. Finally, they reached an empty, dreary street where one single Monokuma stood still.

⠀⠀The two looked at each other, puzzled but on guard. They kept their distance between the bear. "Hm.. Did they gave us wrong information? They told us a bunch of them were gathered here." Kirigiri continue to ponder, reflecting her detective skills. "Something's not right..."

⠀⠀The single monokuma looked like ordinary half-black half-white bear that would normally run the streets. It stayed still, retaining its doll like features once more. It seemed lifeless, as it should be. The only thing different was that it showed a wide, toothy grin on both halves of the face. The creepy smile almost looked like it was mocking them.

⠀⠀Kyoko pointed her weapon at it, yet it still showed no emotion. "S-Should we investigate it?" Naegi asked unsurely. "Ah! I mean it's your call Miss Detective. You probably know better than me, hehe.." Even through all they've been through, the boy still wore a steady smile. "No, I don't think so. As much as I would like to, it's still a predator. We should dispose of it while we can."

⠀⠀As soon as she finished her sentence, she blasted the monokuma to smithereens.... Or so she though.

⠀⠀"That was great, Kirigiri-san! You looked really cool!" The detective blushed and turned back. "We should head back now." The lavender-haired girl said as she began to walk. "Yeah, I have something to tell you when we get back too." She faced him, curiously. "What is it?" She asked. Makoto scratched the back of his head and laughed lightly. "Errr... This is kind of embarrassing but since it's Valentine's Day..." The luckster was cut off by a peculiar, but very familiar laughter coming from behind her.

⠀⠀"Upupupu.."

⠀⠀"Gyahaha!"

⠀⠀Both heads darted to look behind them. "Wha.. What was that?" Asked the girl.

⠀⠀ᖇEGEᑎEᖇᗩTIᑎG ᗰOᑎOKᑌᗰᗩ

⠀⠀The remaining bits of the bear, from its stuffing to its stitching, began to regenerate into active monokumas. The two were surrounded.