Chapter 1

Lin Chung pov.
It was a dark, moonlit night as I was in the forest waiting for my bamboo shoots to grow as I sat on my bamboo staff. It was as quiet as it usually is until I heard yelling. I jump off my bamboo staff and quietly run over to see what was happening. I look through some bushes to see the zebra brothers lying on the ground in fear with a mysterious figure covered in black clothing showing only their eyes, long legs, and part of their hands so I could tell it was a girl.

She was around my height and wearing a black long-sleeved shirt, black shoes, shorts, gloves, and she had on a black mask so that only her eyes and her long jet black ponytail was showing. "Please, no more!", Sparky Black said in fear. "We'll leave you alone! We promise!", Sparky White said. The mysterious female crossed her arms over her chest in response. "She is more silent than Mighty Ray when he eats Mystique Sonia's taffy.", I thought to myself. I knew that I had to help the Zebra brothers before they got hurt, so I jumped out from the bushes and landed between the zebra brothers and the girl. "Lin Chung!", The Zebra brothers yelled out in surprise and relief.

??? pov.
"Lin Chung!", The Zebra brothers yelled out as a human male lands in front of them. He was a bit taller than me with deep-set eyes, broad shoulders, and straight, shoulder-length grey hair. He was wearing a brown square helmet, a black shirt with one long sleeve on one side and a cutaway section on the other that left half his chest and other arm bare. He also wore black pants, shoes, and studded brown wrist bands. "Leave them alone or else.", He said as he pulled out a purple bamboo staff with a red feather.

Lin Chung pov.
"Leave them alone or else.", I say to the figure as I pull out my bamboo staff. The female figure gets into a fighting stance as she finally spoke. "Come and get me.", She said as she charged at me, causing the zebra brothers to run away in fear. The female swings her leg to try and kick me, but I was easily able to block it. I pushed her away as she does a backflip in the air and lands on her feet. I go to charge at her, but she disappears into the shadows. I stop and look around for any sign of her, but I don't see her. I use my panther vision to look through the bamboo stalks to see a figure flash by. I try to find where the figure went as I suddenly get kicked in the back. I quickly figured out that she was leaping from stalk to stalk while using the darkness to cover her so that I couldn't see her. I think of a new strategy when I hear the leaves rustling on a bamboo stalk. I may not be able to see her, but I could still hear her jumping from stalk to stalk. I pull out my bamboo stall and start to aim it around to try and find where she is and where she'll jump next. I hear the leaves rustle on a bamboo stalk behind me as I quickly turn around and shoot some of my bamboo shoots. As soon as I heard the sound of bamboo breaking I knew I got her. She rolls out of the darkness and leans against a large rock in the moonlight.

I run over to her to see her covered in dirt and leaves with a small line of blood running down her leg, hopefully, she didn't break anything. "Are you okay?", I asked as I kneeled in front of her. "No, I'm not okay! You knocked me down from the bamboo stalks!", She blurted out as she sucked in a breath while holding her injured leg. "Here, let me see your leg.", I say as I start to move closer to her. "Don't touch me!", She yelled as she tried to hit me with her free hand. I blocked her hand as I stood up and started to look around, knowing that if I didn't do something to help her leg, it might get infected or worse. I soon found some vines and gathered them before walking back over to the girl and tied her hands together before using my bamboo staff to keep them above her head. "H-hey, what do you think you're doing?!", the girl asked, sounding nervous and angry. "My apologies for this, but you refuse to let me look at your wound. I need to make sure that it isn't infected.", I said as I start to follow the line of blood up to the source. "I said let me go!", she demanded as she tried to use her other leg to kick me in the head, but I was easily able to block it. I look and see that she had a small cut on her inner thigh. I look over and see a small pond of water near us, so I pull out a small cloth and soak it in the water before ringing it out. I start to wipe away the blood and dirt from her leg as the girl let out a small gasp from the cold cloth making contact with her skin. "Sorry, I didn't think the water was going to be that cold.", I apologized, thinking she must feel embarrassed. The girl stayed quiet and looked away from me as I continued to clean her wound.

After I finished cleaning her wound I pulled out some bandages and wrap up her thigh. When I finished I untied her and help her stand up. She pulled away from me and tried to walk, but stumbled a bit as I quickly caught her before she could fall. When she stood up, we were both at eye level as I got a good look at her jade green eyes sparkling in the moonlight. "Th-thank you.", she said, sounding a bit embarrassed. I was about to ask for her name when I started hearing a bell ringing. The girl pulled away as she ran off, leaving me alone. I start to head back to Big Green, thinking about the mysterious girl.