The Incident

*flashback*

"Graceful, Ella! More graceful!" says my mother as she hits my skin with a thin stick leaving marks of red on my arms. "I want it to sound perfect, no mistakes." she says again with a lower tone.

"Yes mother." I replied with an emotionless face. I was playing the piano with so much accuracy and grace that my mother was speechless. She was pleased. Everything was going so well. Not until I pressed the wrong note.

I slowly looked up to see my mother's face, only looking at the bottom half. I trembled inside as I waited for her response. The next thing I knew, I was on the floor, the sensation of numbness taking over on my right cheek. More of those similar hits keep coming, and I wanted it to be over. Tears rushed down my face, leaving me with a pool of my own tears.

I was feeling so much pain, to the point that I couldn't get up. All I did was tell my self that everything was going to be alright, and that mother is just doing this for my sake.

Next thing I knew, I was on my bed. I woke up in the middle of the night hearing my parents screaming at each other. "Andrea how could you hurt your own child again?!" Says my dad with an angry tone. "My child?! You mean yours! You know I couldn't bare a child." Oh no, mom and dad are fighting again. I thought to myself. I tried to get up despite the soreness feel all over my body. All I could hear was the hurtful words they say to each other. I want to stop them. I don't wan't them to fight just because of me...

I finally reached their room only witnessing my mother holding a knife and my father holding a gun. I was terrified of what I saw. I didn't want either of them to die.

"Stop fighting!" I shouted. "Mom, dad, please... Just stop." They both looked at me but said nothing. Silenced filled the room only to be broken by my mother.

"This is all your fault Eleanor, you are the reason why me and your father are fighting!" she shouted. My mother came up to me as fast as she could with her knife pointing directly at my chest saying "It's all your fault" repeatedly. I knew what my mother was going to do, so I closed my eyes telling myself that if I die, everything's going to be alright, and my parents won't fight anymore.

Waiting for my mother to stab me, I suddenly heard a loud bang. I slowly opened my eyes to make certain of what made that noise. I was shocked on what I saw. I was so shocked, I froze. I couldn't move a single limb.

My mother was lying down on the floor with the pool of her own blood as it kept flowing out of her body non stop. I rushed to my mother and said I was sorry, but all I heard from her was "Eleanor, you disappoint me..." and died.

I lift my head only to witness that he too was frozen on what he had done. His eyes wide open and his body shaking none stop. He then started walking towards me. I was so scarred, my legs went numb. I could hear my own heartbeat. What is he going to do? Is he gonna kill me too? Everything's going to be alright... Everything's going to be alright... I said to my self. Then I suddenly felt my father's arms wrapped around me.

"I love you Eleanor" he said. I then heard a loud bang.