The Beginning of a new friendship

I got to my classroom in the middle of our math subject I assume. When I came in, everybody was just staring at me. The math teacher asked why I was late, so I told him the whole story. He eventually understood and excused me. "Sit there at the back next to Kristen." He said. Kristen? I wonder if she was the one who helped me when I passed out.

So I sat on the place I was assigned to and asked the girl named Kristen beside me "Um, are you the girl that helped me awhile ago?" I asked. "Yeah it was me." She said with a smile. "Thanks, I really appreciate it" I said and smiled back.

"Wait, aren't you that Hemington girl the whole school is talking about?" She asked curiously. I was afraid that if I tell her that I am that girl, she might stay away from me. Well, I couldn't say no, so I nodded. "Hey, I don't really see you with others, so would you like to hangout with me later? Please?" She said with a persuasive tone. Wow, that was the first time anyone has asked me to hangout with them, cause usually, they'd be too scared to ask me. "Yes!" I said with excitement. I said it too loud that our math teacher got angry.

After many introductions and lessons, the first day of school finished. Kristen and I went to the mall right after the bell rang. We were so excited. We watched a movie, ate a lot of food, played arcade games together, and made fun memories I've never had. From that moment on, we became the best of friends. She kept sharing stories about her life, hoping I would to. At first I was hesitant, but when I knew more about her, I finally decided to open up to her and tell her about my story. My horrifying story.

When I told her everything, she started crying. She felt awful for me, she was telling me that she wished she was there with me when I was going through hardships. When she said those things, I felt so happy that I started to cry tears of joy. And because of me sharing my story to her, I felt more confident to become friends with others. They weren't that scared of me anymore now that I talk to them.