Prologue

It was a dark and stormy night on the island where he had discovered a magical artefact, this didn't stop him from going after it. He had been out in much worse conditions, he snuck onto the island by a small boat. He crawled across the beach so nobody else on the island could see him. In the end he ran as quickly as he could and suddenly gunshot started to erupt around him. He had somehow managed to avoid every bullet. He dived behind a nearby tree, it was starting to rain. The rain was freezing cold and instantly started to soak through his clothes. He started to shiver as he hid behind the tree. Another gunshot went off and hit the tree he was hiding behind, he jumped and then took off again hoping he wouldn't lose his footing as he ran. 

This man's name was Flynn Carsen and he was the Librarian. His job was to find and protect magical artefacts in the Library. He had been doing this job for many years now and he loved it. He got to see so many places and meet people, even if in the end they did betray him. This magical artefact was a cross, and if it fell into the wrong hands it could destroy the world. The artefact could make the bearer of it control natural disasters. This could completely destroy the whole planet if he didn't get to it in time. He started to run again, he could barely see a thing. He almost lost his footing down a hill. He could see figures further down and did his best to avoid them. He needed some form of light to be able to get any further but he couldn't use his torch as the figures would be able to spot him. 

Flynn had always been the adventurous type even before he had become the Librarian. He still loved to learn and all the travelling helped him to do that. He had done several  years at University and each time he never wanted to leave until he got recruited by the Library. Now he was always off on some type of adventure. Always trying to get some artefact before the enemies got them. This job had changed his life a lot, pulled him out of his deep depression. It gave meaning to his life and that the world needed him gave him hope.

"Bloody hell," he exclaimed in a slight mumble. He was covered in dirt and muck already and needed to find a way to get into the place where the artefact was. He stood very still, the howling of the wind in his ears, vibrating off his ear drum and causing him a little pain. The figures were starting to disappear, he reached into his trouser pocket and pulled out a small torch, turning it on to its lowest setting so they wouldn't see it and he started to work his way there. Suddenly someone made a grab for him, he felt the person grab his shoulder hard. Flynn flung out his elbow, feeling and hearing the crunch of a nose as his elbow collided with it breaking it. He got kicked to the floor but managed to roll out of the way and get back to his feet quickly. He started to run as quickly as he could to the area, the door was starting to shut. He ran and slid under it with ease, he jumped up and looked around for a moment. He recognised this place. Had he been there before? He started to walk slowly, careful of traps and enemies. He stopped in his tracks looking around again. He could sense something wasn't right. He suddenly heard screaming. Was that a girl screaming? He ran, following the girl's screams and hoping he got there on time.

As he snuck up to where the screams were he saw a girl lying on the ground, a man had kicked her and she screamed out in pain, he heard her ribs crack from where he was standing. He needed to get there and stop what was going on. Had she gone after the artefact too? He stepped out from behind where he was standing. "Hey what the hell are you doing?!" he yelled out as he looked at the thugs in front of him. "Leave her the hell alone!" He stepped in front of her to protect her from them. "Back off or you will regret it." 

The thugs merely laughed at him. "And who do you think you are telling us what to do?" the thug asked with a smirk. 

"I'm the Librarian, now back off. I'm not going to warn you again!" he yelled.  

Can he save the girl? Will they make it out alive?