Edward

Melayna had struggled a great deal since her parents had been killed in the crash, and finding it wasn't accident hurt even more. Since Flynn had told her that it hadn't been an accident she had shut herself in her room and hadn't spoken to anyone, not even him.

She just wanted her parents back, she knew it was impossible and if she did want them to be resurrected she would have to betray Flynn and she couldn't do that to them. They had been good with her and given her a home. A home where she could feel safe and loved. She didn't know how she would explain to Bobby why she had gone missing for so long.

Melayna sat and stared down at the book she was supposed to be reading but she couldn't concentrate. Every time she closed her eyes she could see her father's face. She didn't want the rest of the team to worry so she hadn't said anything about the nightmares she had been having.

Edward had been a Librarian before Flynn and when Edward died in the crash, Flynn was called to take his place. Melayna knew it was just the way things were meant to be but it still hurt a lot that he could be so easily replaced. But she was happy that he had at least been replaced with a decent man and a very kind one at that.

Flynn was sat in his office worried, she had been out of her room in a few days which was concerning. She hadn't spoken to any of them since she had found out that her parents had in fact been murdered. It had hurt Flynn having to tell her such an awful thing but he wanted to be there to help her through it.

He decided to head to her room and see if he could talk to her. He knocked on the door gently. "Layna, can I come in please?" he asked softly hoping she would open up to him. Flynn had never had the chance to meet Edward and he wished he had, he seemed like a great man.

"Go away Flynn," she said although she didn't mean it. She didn't want him to go, she wanted him to stay.

Flynn didn't leave. "I need you to talk to me. I know you're struggling but you can tell me anything. I know you miss your parents and that you were close to your father." He sighed a little as she leant on the doorframe hoping she would eventually open the door.

"I miss him so much, why did his job have to be so dangerous? Why did he get picked? Out off the people in the world, why him?"

Flynn sighed and then said, "I sometimes ask myself that question. I ask myself why I was picked but now I realise why I was picked. It was because we are good men. Your father was a good man Layna, that's why he was picked. They knew he would be good at it."

Melayna sighed and eventually went to the door and opened it. "My mum knew how dangerous the job would be,  so why did they have me if they knew there was a risk that they would die?" she asked. She felt confused by it all. She had lost her parents because of people in his past, people who shouldn't have gone after him in the first place but they still chose to. Her life had been partly destroyed and she would never be able to replace her parents.

Flynn sighed with relief when she opened the door. "Are you going to be alright? I'm worried about you shutting yourself off like this."

Melayna sighed slightly and looked into his eyes. "Sometimes I hate him...for leaving me behind. You were right, he was a good man but it destroyed his life. The Library would have been the only place he was safe and we were heading back when the accident happened." Tears started to show in her eyes. "I just want to see them again, but I know I never will."

Flynn looked back into her eyes and nodded. "I never met my father, he ran off when I was too young to remember but Judson was like a father to me, he guided me and helped me through my time here. Your adoptive father did the same for you didn't he? He took you in, raised you as his own until you were old enough to make your own decisions."