Chapter 7

The vacation was over, but the memories of it were playing on repeat in both Kuroo and Bokuto's minds. A few years had passed now. The two were now 25, out of college and moved into houses, providing for themselves. They talk to each other a lot, they might as well have been dating that's what it looked like to others, but...they weren't. They had never talked about that night when they danced with each other. Both of them were too scared to bring it up and how the other would react. It would have been like opening Pandora's box. Until one day, it opened.

"Can we talk?" Bokuto questioned. He sat down on the soft, brown couch and scratched his nose.

"Yeah about what?" Kuroo asked. He already began feeling something in his stomach. A deep pit. Bokuto had such a serious tone and he was rarely serious, he was such a jokester.

"Ummm...do you remember when we were younger and we went to that vacation on that boat?" Bokuto asked. His face started to turn red and he started sweating on his face.

"Yeah, what about it?" Kuroo turned his head away from Bokuto to hide his nervous expression. They both were so nervous.

"Well, uh I-" Bokuto stopped. He covered his mouth with his hand. "Go on, you went on a date, you know he likes you" he said to himself.

"Well what is it?" Kuroo asked.

"Uh, are we just not gonna talk about it?" Kuroo shaked and dropped his dish in the sink.

"Yeah your right." He responded

"When we danced I...I loved it. I fell in love with you." Bokuto fell over the couch onto the floor.

"Wow I didn't expect you to say that!" He exclaimed.

"Well, it's true," Kuroo smiled with a blushed face.

"Yeah, I liked it a lot too. I love you too."

"Well, why aren't we dating then?" Kuroo asked. As soon as Bokuto had got back up he fell again.

"AH! Are you ok?!" He got back up and got the dust off his shirt.

"Oh yeah, I'm fine," Bokuto replied. "Yeah how about we go on a date tomorrow?"

"Yeah that would be nice," Kuroo responded. Bokuto smiled.

"Great".

Timeskip

Today, Bokuto and Kuroo had their date. They were going to a classy restaurant, Bokuto's pick. It was an italian place. Kuroo was on his way driving to the restaurant right now. He had a familiar feeling tingling all over his body. It was like when he first met Bokuto, after his parents had died. Seeing Bokuto trying to cheer him up, and the sense of joy Bokuto carried and had harbored inside him, or maybe it was just the nervousness of being back in the car; driving.

Kuroo focused and focused, trying to block out everything except for driving: bad thoughts, negative energy, anxiety attacks, and anxiety in general. Even the smallest things could set him off. It could be a blood stain on the road, anything red really, the tiniest of pebbles, or a big truck with the burning bright headlights that could make any car feel small, and the driver even smaller.

"You'll be ok, just make it there and on time" Kuroo told himself. The road was clear, it was just him and a few other cars. Abruptly, his phone started ringing; it was Bokuto.

"Hey, Bokuto, I'm on my way, I'm almost there," Kuroo said. He swiped out of the call quickly to look at his GPS map.

"Yeah, ok, drive safe," Bokuto replied.

Kuroo set down his phone, but when he looked up...there was a gigantic, red truck. The lights staring directly at him searing into his eyes and making its way to his brain. Kuroo thought to himself "no" it looked like the same one from his parents car crash the night they died. "Does it really end like this? It can't I still have memories to make with Bokuto. I haven't lived my life full of smiles and laughter. I-I'm sorry Bokuto." Just like that the truck had collided into Kuroo's truck. Pieces of glass cut across his face and arms, one fragment making its way into Kuroo's eye, before the airbag went off. The scenery was so beautiful and it was daytime, the sun shining so bright. How could something so horrible happen in such a beautiful place? How could something so painful start to surge within your body when you felt completely fine just a few seconds ago? Why? That's simply the world we live in? Tragedies can happen in an instant. Kuroo is simply a victim of the world we live in. This is reality.

To be continued UwU :3 OwO