Chapter 2

Waking up at 9, I decided to make oatmeal for everyone. Getting out the milk and oats I hear Natalia walk in.
"Good morning." I whisper, knowing she's not in a good mood until she gets her coffee. We have the pot on a timer for her. It's like her body forces her up just so she can get her fix. She walks over to the pot pours herself a mug and takes a sip –yes she drinks it black– before tiredly responding with a "Morning" of her own. Nat moved into the apartment I've shared with Serena since senior year of college after two years of them dating. I was happy they didn't choose to move into their own place, just yet. I think they're afraid I won't get enough social interaction if they move. I'm now just as close with Nat as I am with Ser. I grew up with one brother, but no sisters, so they've become that for me. They like to baby me sometimes, because I have a mild case of anxiety and I'm an introvert. They know that I need to be pushed out of my comfort zone. They still respect that I need to take things at my own pace though.
"Hey guys." A zombie-like Serena trudges into the kitchen. She is a sight to see in the morning with dried drool on her chin and puffy eyes. Natalia never seems to care how much of a mess Serena is as she gives her a swift kiss on the cheek.
Those two are so in love that you can feel lonely watching them. I know Natalia already designed wedding dresses and that Serena wants to propose by the end of the year. The way they look at each other reminds me of how my grandparents were before they passed away. I want that one day. I'm afraid I might never find someone that makes me feel comfortable enough to share my life with. I've had boyfriends, and I've thought I was in love, but I know I never had that. That look, it's all I want. I want to be gazed at as if I am the single most important thing. Maybe one day I'll have that too.
We all sit down to breakfast. We're meeting with Annie and her husband at a restaurant near his workplace at around 11 for an early lunch. So while Nat prepares to show her designs, and Ser gets together a portfolio from our last shoot, I'm just getting ready for the day as I usually do. I give myself a pep talk in the shower since I'm having lunch with people I'm not used to being around. Afterwards I wrap my hair in a towel and do my usual makeup. I'm fairly simple when I'm not going to any important events or doing a shoot. I always do my own makeup. Today it's just brows, mascara, and lip balm. After I'm done with that I put on a simple outfit; black jeans a blouse and booties. I put on my necklace from my dad and the earrings my mom gave me and I go see how the girls are doing.
Once we're ready to go we drive out in Nat's convertible. She's more into cars than us. I have my license and all, but I never bothered getting a car. I lived in the city before moving upstate for college, and I always use public transit. Ser knows her girlfriend loves driving so she only drives when Nat isn't going with her somewhere.
At the restaurant, which is more of a diner, we spot Annie with a large man, who must be her husband. He dwarfs her in size. He's tall and muscular, leaving her little space in the booth. He has dark hair and blue eyes. Currently his eyes are narrowed in suspicion. I see he wasn't thrilled hearing about how his wife let strangers into their house. Annie however, looks very excited. She greets us and asks us to sit. The business talk commences. I learn Annie's husband is named David, and that he is the president of a biker club. They mentioned that her brother Griffin is their treasurer. While their club is not an illegal club, they do have enemies, which is why they have to be cautious. David agreed to meeting us after vetting us through our background checks, which I thought would take more time, but apparently there's someone in the club for that too.
With that out of the way Ser and Nat started showing their portfolios which peaked my attention as I am proud of my best friends. Upon looking through the photos, Annie screamed "Oh my god these are amazing! Babe I am obsessed with these dresses and look at how stunning these photos are. Baby I think it's time for a shopping spree. This boutique might just be my new favorite store." I smirked proud of my friends until the attention was turned on me. "And Willow you must be a natural. You look incredible in these photos all done up, and in person in your casual clothes. I can tell you needed no editing for these photos. You have a real effortless beauty. I'd love to introduce you to the boys just to see them make fools of themselves." Suddenly my face is crimson. "Oh I doubt they'd be the ones making fools of themselves. I'm not very good with new people." Annie smiled mischievously at me and I grew scared. I clearly underestimated her, and I found her husband intimidating. I doubt he'd try and play matchmaker for his club mates. I glance around to see David giving his wife a look of amusement, and to she the girls looking excited for my suffering. I'm glad everyone else is happy.