chapter 9

"Where are we going? Are you sure we aren't lost or something?", I asked or the third time,we'd been on the road for maybe thirty minutes and we weren't getting to the destination.

"Don't worry,we'll be there soon.",Kieran said,completely calm,why is he calm? I'm freaking out here! There could be an axe murderer. Okay the axe murderer is pushing it a little but honestly I was worried.

Kieran was elated by the fact that my brother hadn't opened the door when he came by. He was schoolboy cute in a pair of dark maroon chinos and a T-shirt,this boy will be the death of me. When he saw me his features lit up in a smile,he told me to dress casual just in case we got dirty? What's up with that? I was in a pair of black super skinny jeans and a white dip-back shirt with a black jacket over it all.

"Are you excited?", he asked me,a mischievous grin on his face.

"No! You could be an axe murderer for all I know",I said to him jokingly.

"Of course, there's always that possibility.",he managed to choke out through his fits of laughter.

A short while later we drove in to what looked like a dirt bike lot. I loved dirt bikes so much. If I had a choice I'd be a stunt rider,seriously.

He got out of the car and opened the door for me,I smile on his face when he noticed how hard I was beaming.

"I'm guessing that means you like bikes?"

"Hell yeah!", I said to him,"I love dirt bikes."

When we walked in,we were greeted by a guy who looked to be in his early 20's.

"Kieran! Long time no see,finally decided to come visit us losers?", he said to Kieran before giving him a big bro hug.

"Hey Marvin,"Kieran said,matching Marvin's enthusiasm,"been dealing with some stuff," his eyes held a sadness for a brief moment then disappeared just as fast,"but today,I'm here for fun."

"And you brought a beautiful girl too." Marvin said.

"Don't get any ideas," Kieran said,"Alison, this is my crazy buddy Marvin, Marvin,this is Alison."

When Marvin and I shook hands and exchanged formalities,we went to the fitting room to get some gear. Marvin was a little shocked by knowledge of bikes,but he was also pleased that he didn't have to do what he did with most girls.

After getting gear,we went to the garage and picked out some bikes. I ended up with an awesome neon green bike and Kieran had a blue one. We raced around for a few laps,him emerging victorious three laps out of five before calling it quits.

"You have to soften that blow.", I said to him after we'd taken off our helmets.

"Anything you want" he said with a smile on his face. I was about to ask him to kiss me,but restrained myself. I am such a weirdo sometimes.

I opted for a meal at his choice of place. I liked anything so I didn't really mind what he chose.

We went over to a cozy diner just ten minutes from the bike park. Inside it smelled like French fries. We sat down and shortly, a beautiful woman came by and asked for our drink order. I asked for orange juice and Kieran asked for a milkshake.

While she was gone to get our drinks,Kieran and I agreed on getting a plate of fries and burgers.

The waitress came back with our drinks and got our orders.

"I hope you're having a nice time Ali"

"Yes I am,more than you know", I said to him,genuinely having fun.

"Uhm,Kieran?"

"What's up?" He replied.

"I don't know if its sensitive for you to talk about, but,what did you mean back there when you were talking to Marvin?" He looked to me and I added hastily,"its okay if you don't want to talk about it."

"Can we talk about it later?" He asked me.

"No problem."

A couple of minutes later,the waitress came back with our food and we instantly dug in. I was still curious as to what happened to Kieran but I let it go. We were having a good time,that could wait until he was ready to share.

During our meal,the conversation didn't run dry,we joked around,fries were thrown across the table. Before we left,we decided to play a little pin ball on the pinball machine in the diner. I managed to beat him at this.

We got into the car,it was about 10 and I had to be home in an hour. When we got to my house it was 10.30,I had thirty minutes to pass.

"I had a really good time Kieran, how come you ride so good? Very few people beat me. I'm a hotshot." I said playfully.

He had a smile on his face as he said,"I bet,you were really good. I used to ride a while back with Marvin,we were like a team,only two years apart. We were junior champions."He paused,I motioned for him to continue, "Three years ago, we had entered for a competition, it was a big deal,we were in the big leagues." His eyes clouded over like they had earlier,I held his hand for support and he carried on,"a day before the finals on our practice run,I was riding,I didn't know another rider was on track. I was going really fast and didn't see that he had broken down just after a bend,when I passed the hairpin I saw him,but it was late,in trying to avoid him I swerved and hit a boulder on the side. My bike flipped on impact and I fell off,I hit my head really bad. I fractured a few bones and obtained a nasty concussion. Just like that,I stopped."

When he finished, he looked at me. He'd been through all that,I was glad he'd shared,I reached over and hugged him.

After that,we got out and he walked me to the door.

"Thank you Kieran, for every." I said to him.

"No problem Ali,we should do this again." He said to me.

He looked at me and looking at my face,I'm sure he could tell I was up for another date.

I looked into his eyes and saw that even though he had an accident, he was very passionate. I was so lost I didn't notice him leaning in. The moment was so beautiful, he kissed me ever so gently,I leaned in to him and his kiss got a little more urgent,like he'd wanted to for a while. I felt him smile against my lips and I smiled back.

He pulled back just as Andrew opened the door. I hugged Kieran quickly and went in before Andy caused a scene. I went up to my room and squealed in delight,he was such a good kisser. As if on cue,I received a text.
Kieran: I miss you already, you are a great listener and an even better kisser ;).
Alison: You aren't bad yourself :)
Kieran: Hahaha,goodnight Ali :-*
Alison: Goodnight Kieran ;).

And that my friends, was an amazing date and a confirmation that maybe,just maybe,we were gonna go somewhere. I didn't want to get my hopes too high,but I was happy. It was going to be a really good night.