Yoohyeon First Taste of the World

Yoohyeon woke up, startled by the scary loud sound of Minji's alarm « It's my alarm. It's okay » The other woman reassured her as she turned it off. Yoohyeon blinked to wake fully, her hands still hang around Minji's arm. She lifted her gaze toward her as she realized Minji wasn't moving and the older woman was actually staring at her, with eyes that Yoohyeon would want on her forever. They were so gentle, caring, a hint of sadness was still present in them but not as much as before and it made Yoohyeon immediately happy. They stared at one another without a word comfortably until Minji whispered « We should get up. I don't want to be late for work »

« Okay » Yoohyeon softly nodded, reluctantly detaching herself from her.

-

Minji prepared them a quick but consistent breakfast. Their time together seemed too little before ultimately Minji had to leave for work « What do you say if we go out when I get back? We can go anywhere around the city. Your choice » She smiled brightly at her « There's a map in the drawer underneath the TV » She pointed farther to its place into the room « Make your choice »

Yoohyeon excitedly squealed in response « I will....but only if you'll not be tired » She pursed her lips determined to take care of Minji.

The other woman chuckled « I won't » She bit her inner cheek shyly before sighing « I'll see you later » She bided her goodbye, taking one last good look at her as she exited the apartment.

As soon as the door closed, Yoohyeon felt a hint of sadness invade her. She pouted, bringing the sweater close to her nose. She wandered to the drawer and took out the map Minji had told her about. She spread it on the table and sat on the floor in front of it. She tilted her head, scanning it with interest. She realized that she didn't even know where Minji's apartment was on it. She didn't know where she was. She'll definitely have to ask Minji later. From what she saw on TV the prior day, the world had a lot of different areas, more or less urban, and she knew she was in Seoul, a big city, with a lot of people. Maybe a park would be a good beginning, she didn't want to overwhelm herself on her first time out.

She passed two good hours underlining the map, learning every little detail of it like it was a treasure but then...she had to pee. She got up with a groan and went to do her business. On her way back, she wanted to try the little seaweed snacks she had seen in the cupboard yesterday but then she stopped dead in her tracks.

Minji's lunchbox was on the counter.

They had prepared it together earlier and Yoohyeon had even peeled an orange so that Minji would only have to pick the quarters in peace when she'll eat. She began freaking out. What could she do? Minji needed her food. They had such a good time preparing it, it couldn't all go to waste. She scanned the room, biting her bottom lip nervously. Nonetheless, in a matter of seconds, she took her decision with determination. She shook her body to wave off her nervousness and went to the bedroom to find a coat. She found a white, blue, and red varsity jacket among countless suit's ones. It suited her perfectly, almost as if it had been waiting for her all along inside Minji's closet.

She went back to the entrance and put on the black converse that she had tried before. She grabbed the map and took the lunchbox, putting it in the tote bag hanging around. Her hands reached for the doorknob and she froze. The door was going to lock behind her, she had to be sure for herself. She was scared to get lost but Minji had to get her lunch. She twisted the handle and exited her safe place to enter the unknown new world.

However, she only got to step into the hallway to be overwhelmed. The door was locked, there was no way back. She breathed, calming herself down, and decided to take this as a quest, an adventure. Like the people on TV did. She walked out of the building determined. But she stood in the street completely lost as to where she was supposed to go. She walked slowly to the side of the parking lot in front of the building to access the big avenue that would for sure give her some information. She held onto the map tightly and tried to find the street name to give her a starting point.