C H A P T E R T W E N T Y-T H R E E

"Oh my god, look, that's adorable, Hawk!" Nicole pointed to a necklace in the store

The two decided to drive up to the little shops and boutiques. It was out of town, but it wasn't a long drive and Nicole had loved going to the little shops.

What she was pointing to was a necklace with a cute bear on it.

"Let's go inside and check it out." Hawk motioned for the door.

"Yes!" She cheered and pulled him inside.

He laughed at his girlfriend's excitement they walked into the store. Nicole went right over to the tiny bear necklace, but something else caught Hawk's eye.

There was a ring with a sunflower symbol on it. Hawk plucked it up, thinking it was perfect, just like his sunflower.

He smiled and looked over at her. She picked up a necklace and went back over to him.

"Look. They have a bird on this one." She held it up to him.

"And this ring has a sunflower." He showed her.

"Holy shit, this was a perfect match. We have to get them now. I mean, it's almost destiny." Nicole nodded, giggling, Hawk laughing along with her.

"Alright."

Hawk grabbed her hand and they walked to the counter. She reached in her backpack to get money, but Hawk stopped her and paid.

"You didn't have to pay." She muttered on their way out.

"Well you're my girlfriend and I wanted to. Now here, let me put this on you."

He took the necklace and Nicole faced away from him. She held her curls out of the way and he clasped the necklace on her, then gave her a quick kiss on the back of her neck.

Nicole smiled and turned around, looking down at the necklace.

"I love this so much." She smiled.

"Good."

"Now, it's your turn."

Nicole grabbed the ring and slipped it on Hawk's finger with a smile. "There."

He then leaned down and kissed her.

"Come on" Nicole pulled away. "Let's get something to eat."

Still smiling, he took her hand in his snd they continued their walk, finding somewhere to eat.

🌻

"What do you think? Shithead one and Shithead Two?" Hawk asked, looking at Chris and Mitch.

"I was thinking more Mary-Kate and Asshat." Aisha said.

Hawk laughed and Nicole rolled her eyes.