Chapter 5

Chapter 5 :

To my greatest surprise it was my father. I was carrying my bag in my hands when I saw him from my shock I immediately dropped it. I was speechless for a while then I said " Dad ?!"

He instantly hugged me and said " My lorry is now a very beautiful teenager. I miss you so much my dear. " I said " I miss you too." Then I burst out crying. I let him enter of course and I called Peter and told him " I am terribly sorry Peter I can't come today my father has just arrived. " He was thoughtful and said " Never mind "

Then my dad and I kept talking for hours. I said " Six years passed. How did you find me ? " Dad didn't change very much but his hair became kinda grey and he had wrinkles under his eyes. He was very exhausted but when he saw me, it seemed that he regained his strength.

He said " You have no idea how I was suffering during the past six years. I kept looking for you for months but thanks God. "

I said " You have no idea how lonely I was without you and mom. " When I said mom, Dad's face changed and said "May God forgive her. "

However, he took shower and slept. Then I went outside to buy some errands. I bought the food dad loved and the coffee he used to drink. When I returned, I didn't find him.

I thought that he was in the bathroom but he wasn't. And so I thought that he might have gone out. Anyway, half an hour later dad came. He said " I went out for fresh air. "

The best thing at all was that I hadn't heard the voice till the rest of the day. So I decided to go to the cathedral. I told father " Dad I am going to the cathedral. " Dad said " By the way, when you return I want to talk with you about the book that you opened. "

Then I went out, took a taxi and reached the cathedral. When I arrived there, I prayed and then looked for the priest. Luckily, I found him then I said " Please father can you do me a favour ?"

He said " Of course my daughter. "

I said " Can you let me read the rest of the book ?"

He said " Do you have a problem ?"

I really wished I could tell him all what had happened but I was afraid that the voice would know it. So I said " No. But I just want to know the rest. "

I felt that he didn't believe me and he said " Don't be afraid of me. I will do my best to help you."

I took a deep breath and said " I have been worried since I read the first page. I want to know what also may happen to me. "

He said " I see. " Then he took me to the place of the book and handed it to me. I immediately took it but when I opened it, I saw nothing. So I closed the book.

I was shocked and said " What !! I can see nothing. " The priest felt uneasy and said " I don't understand. If you can't see anything then who can ? " Before he could say any other word a man came and said " There's someone who wants to see you father. "

So they both left and he said " I will come within 10 minutes. I opened it again. Surprisingly , I saw some words which said " You won't see if anyone was here. For your good, go and tell my worshippers the message. Don't tell anyone of that or he or she would suffer. "

I was reading not believing my eyes that drops began to fall from my eyes. After reading I fell to the ground and said " God help me. " Then I stood up and put the book where it was.

After that, the priest came and said " Sorry my daughter. Ha have you seen anything ? "

I didn't want to harm him so I said " No and I put it back again. " He said " Please. If you should face any problem let me know. "

I said " Of course father. " Then I left. I returned home and saw my father watching TV. He said happily " Here comes my lorry. By the way, two girls came here and asked about you , Martha and Claire I guess. "

I said " Aha. They are my friends. " He then began to feel sad and said " You haven't told anyone about me or your mother, right ?"

I said sadly " Yes. " But I was surprised by his reply saying " The best thing you have done. "

Then he told me about his life in jail and how he was ill treated there. And I told him about my life after him till he came except about the book.

We had a nice night talking and laughing. I felt that I was relieved and not orphan.

That night I dreamed that the same ghost appeared infront of me and he said " The message is .. "

I said " What ?"

He said angrily " Remember that you are provoking me. I am doing my best to not hurt you. So be a wise girl and spill the beans. "

I got sick from it and really wanted to end it and just tell him the message but to be frank with you everytime I thought about giving up, I became stronger. So I said " I know nothing. Just leave me alone."