Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

The title was " A strange closed book was found in front of a cathedral. Where's Arthur ?" I laughed at that and said " Oh God. Since we saw that cursed film and every thing in this world is talking about it. "

Mark said " Read the article first then say your opinion. "

I read the article. It said " Yesterday on 22th December. A strange book was found in front of the cathedral. A priest took it and tried to open it but he couldn't. Many priests tried to open it but in vain. A priest said " We have been trying to open the book for more than 10 hours but no one could open it. There is no lock or key to open it. It looks like any ordinary book but with strange designs on the cover. The name isn't clear because the letters are joined together and there are no dots. " So the cathedral made that announcement to gather people from all over America to see who can open it. Some people think it's a curse from God and some think it's demon. Who knows ? Many people gathered at the cathedral to open the book but no one could open it. We are still waiting for Arthur. "

I said " It seem strange. I would have said it's ridiculous if there weren't cathedral. "

Martha " I hope that you now believe that Demons can destroy Earth. "

Claire " It may be a curse like the article said. Will Demons appear to us ? Will they kill us like we saw in the film ?"

Mark " Since the first time I have seen the film and I believed that the writer of this story had foresight. "

I was putting my hand over my mouth in order not to laugh but I couldn't help it, I immediately burst out laughing saying " Please tell me that you were joking. "

The three of them said " We aren't joking. You must have lost your mind to feel that way. Why are you so bold  ? "

Martha " Don't ever feel like us ? Why are you not worried ? I have never seen you worried or sad. What's wrong with you ?"

As she said those words the cup of coffee in my hand fell to the ground and I looked at her and gazed for a long time not at Martha but I remembered a thing that happened six years ago. Martha could notice that and said " I am sorry Lorren. I didn't mean it. I was just wondering. "  All I said to her " It's okay. I really need to go. " I left but they tried to keep with them but I asked them to stay alone.

I kept walking in the street for hours not knowing where I am going. I didn't even know which street I walked in. I just walked. While walking , I thought about past, my painful past. I wish I could forget it.        

 Six years ago I was living with a very ordinary family. We were living in another city called Hartford. We had no problems except normal ones that any house can suffer from. I didn't have brothers nor sisters. I was alone. 

On 14th August 2008, after I had been playing with my friends all day long I returned home at 6:00 pm. I had y lunch and sat in my room reading a story. When I heard a loud noise coming from the kitchen. I went to see what was happening. But it was dark, I could only see mom and a hand trying to grab her. 

She seemed that she was trying to find a knife to fight that person. I couldn't see who he or she was. But it seemed to be a man and he had  very strong arms. When mom held a knife and turned to stab it into that person , he took it from her and cut her neck. It was just few seconds when I found my mother's neck on the floor in front of me.

He saw me but when he came nearer I saw that he was wearing a mask but strangely he didn't want to kill me. He stood in front of me for a while then he left the house. I was somehow unconscious to what had happened I thought it was a nightmare. I sat in a corner closed my eyes and tried to wake up but it was reality.