Three

Niall's POV

I was waiting in the reception room once again. It was the moment I'd been looking forward to, yet dreading at the same time. I would possibly stop my son's misery, but what if I didn't? I could make it worse, perhaps. I had heard multiple rumours about the Payne family- they were the richest snobs in London, I highly doubted the bully's' father would care that his equally suck up son was picking on somebody.

I hadn't mentioned any of this to Fenton, knowing damn well he'd throw a fit if he realised I was medalling in his life. I felt him distance himself from me recently, and that made me feel awful. I adopted him when he was five, I still remembered the cute, clingy boy he used to be. Now he was usually stuck in his room all day listening to music and on his computer. I would keep him out of this for now.

My mum was coming up to London from Doncaster tomorrow, and I'd told her all about Fenton. She was furious with the boy and his father, and I imagined it'd be hard for her not to talk to her grandson about it. She adored Fenton more than anything, I knew she'd have a difficult time reigning in her a Grandma instincts from clutching him close and pouring out words of comfort. I'd asked her not to, though.

Mr Wilkinson promised to support me through this meeting, and that Liam Payne was very strict with his boy. It could turn out two ways: the first would be that Liam would completely stick up for him, and be intolerant of anyone else's opinions on him. The second would be that Liam would blow up and yell and scream at his son, and I didn't know whether I wanted either. They were boys, after all. Young children.

Just then, I heard a loud voice from down a corridor. "Where is he, for fuck sake!?"

I immediately jumped up when I saw Mr Wilkinson accompanied by a tall man in a neat suit. Liam Payne- and as classy as I'd imagined. His suit was tight fitting and splendid, shiny shoes and all. He reminded me quite well of David Beckham- short, smooth sandy brunette quiff, melting brown eyes, and large lips. He had a small stubble which he was currently running his fingers through. He was angry as hell.

"Mr Payne, if you would just calm down-" Mr Wilkinson began, but was cut off.

Liam's glossy eyes fixated on me, giving me a skeptical look. "You're the boy's father?"

I couldn't breathe for a minute; I couldn't get past the fancy, wealthy man in front of me. Being gay myself, I knew it when I saw a hot man, and I was most definitely looking at one. But I needed to pull myself together, stop being such a fangirl, so I could stand up for Fenton.

"Yeah, that's me. Niall Horan," I muttered, extending my arm to shake his hand. He had big hands; he shook mine quickly and firmly.

Mr Wilkinson sighed. "Can we please go to my office? That is a much more appropriate place to discuss this. Fenton and Jonah-Luca are in separate rooms right now with two of our staff. We will bring them out after the meeting, if that's okay. They need to be involved."

I gasped. "You told him? I thought we could do this without them!" I whined like a stroppy teenager; I felt a blush arise in my cheeks when Liam raised an eyebrow.

"I'm afraid that's not possible, Mr Horan," Mr Wilkinson shook his head and began walking to the familiar room again, like he did yesterday. "I think we would benefit from Fenton being able to explain his feelings to Jonah-Luca, so Jonah-Luca can empathise."

Then we were back in his office. Liam sighed angrily and threw himself on the leather couch in front of the desk in which Mr Wilkinson sat down at. I cleared my throat before also sitting down on the sofa, right at the edge, nowhere near Liam. His grumpiness made me nervous for some reason.