4.

After a few days:

After that horrific night, Hudson didn't show up. I had come back home and the house was empty and cold. I cleaned the house and myself and went to sleep. These were the peaceful five days of my life without Hudson. I felt good and happy. Currently, I was scrolling through Instagram and enjoying the new feature called Reels that Instagram currently had added.

I came across a reel captioned beautiful places in the world. All the places were so heavenly and it felt so good to watch them. I added them to my story captioning, 'Dream destinations'. 

After an hour or so I got a notification saying, 'Cade Johnson replied to your story.' 

Curious, I tapped the notification to see his reply.

"These are surely some places worth visiting. Did you visit any of these places?" was his reply.

"I know right. They are so beautiful. Well, didn't have the luck to visit these places," I replied with sad emojis.

"You seemed to be in a good mood today," came an instant reply.

"How did you know?" I replied raising an eyebrow. Was he a psychic or something? Or worse a stalker observing me from somewhere right now. I gulped.

"Well. noting to get scared of. You replied to me normally for the first time so that was quite a surprise," he replied with laughing emojis.

I replied with a grinning emoji, "Well, I was not in the situation to reply to you properly."

"No issues I completely understand," he replied with a smiling face.

"What do you do?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Well, I am a therapist, and what about you?" he asked. That explains much of my psychic theory I thought.

"I am a nurse," I replied.

"Where?"

I was not sure of replying to this one to a stranger whom I am chatting with for the past 10 minutes.

"I don't think I am comfortable with disclosing to you my workplace. We just started talking like what 10 minutes," I replied.

"Well, not technically but yes I completely understand," he replied with two smiles.

I replied with a smiley and closed Instagram. "Enough of this chatting business for today," I said to myself and got up to grab something to eat,

_________

I was currently under the blankets with a huge bowl of chips binge-watching on Netflix when suddenly I heard loud bangs at the door.

I hurried down the stairs and looked through the peephole to see who it was in the middle of the night.

Hudson was standing outside drunk shouting, "Open the fucking door!"

I opened it instantly and he came inside, his legs shivering. A strong smell of alcohol came from him which meant he had zero sense right now.

"Well, here comes my beloved husband after five days," I said sarcastically while he still stood at the doorway unable to control himself. He never tried to come inside but just stood there moving from one side to another.

I did not even go to help and watched there to see what he would do next. In his intoxicated state, he laid down then and there and went to sleep.

I did not utter a single word, turned around, and went to bed. Let him do whatever he wants, it was not my lookout anymore.

_________

Next morning,

I woke up, finished my morning routine, and got ready to leave for work. Hudson was still asleep near the door. I picked up my shoes and slowly opened the door making sure not to wake him up. I was not at all ready for any morning drama.

It was no less than a hell to live with him. Sometimes I felt to just run away to a faraway place, far far away from him, far away from everyone. 

I was absorbed in my thoughts when my phone started to buzz.

'Cade johnson started a video chat.'

________

Thank you for reading!!

Do Vote and comment.

Until next time, Byeee!!