Chapter 2

We arrived at a crowded emergency room 30 minutes later. I felt lightheaded and dizzy. I walked across the crowded room full of worried and crying people to the one open, hard blue plastic chair in sight. I sat down and tried to register what was going on. I came home after school when my mom had failed to pick me up from the gas station. I came into my house to see my mom dead on her bed. My life was officially over. I let the hot tears spill out of my eyes. Some people noticed me and had a worried look on their face. I just sat there as Niagara Falls came from my eyes.

It seemed like an eternity before a nurse confronted me to tell of my mothers fatal injuries and said she was dead. Well of course she was, I knew it the moment I saw her. I nodded and the nurse walked away after leaving a burning feeling on my cheek where she touched me.

Sandy walked over to me and asked me if I could call anyone to go home with.

"They are either all dead or live too far away to come get me," I uttered.

Sandy took me back to her place. I zombie walked through the rest of the week and the next. I went with whatever anyone said. I rarely ate anything. I could barely sleep. I got dozens of text messages from my friends saying sorry for my loss and what not. After a numb week of not talking unless someone spoke to me, like child services, I was placed in a foster home.

There were three other kids. Joseph who was 17, Madison who was 14, and Arielle who was 6. Joseph was a big dude with windswept brown hair and dark brown eyes, obviously built for football. He argued with Madison a lot. Madison had long, perfectly straight strawberry blonde hair and blue eyes. She was gorgeous. Arielle was a little Hispanic girl with long, curly dark brown hair with brown eyes. I got a big room to share with Madison. We didn't really speak for about the first week I was there. Honestly, I didn't speak much to anyone for a while. I ate dinner with them. Went shopping with them. Did whatever my guardian, a single woman named Chelsea, asked me to. She could tell I was fairly sensitive so she didn't speak much about my past to me.

At school it was terrible. My teachers gave me sympathy looks whenever I walked into the classroom or passed them in the hallway. Kids kept their distance from me. Even my best friends didn't know how to act properly around me. Hanna, Olivia, and Sarah, my three best friends, awkwardly talked to me and stayed on borderline with conversations, keeping them short. No one would function right for me. I wish my life would just be normal again.

A/N Hey guys! Hope you are enjoying this so far. I don't know how often I will be able to update but I will when I can! Thanks for reading!