Chapter 3

It all really just started a month after my mom's death. I was getting deeply depressed. I couldn't take it anymore. I had been laying on my comfy twin bed listening to the rain and the Taylor Swift album "1989" I had on repeat. Everything just felt numb. Madison was at a friends house, Joseph, well, who knew where he was, and Chelsea was putting Arielle to bed. I hopped out of bed and pulled on some old Nike's. I threw on some sweatpants over my shorts and a wind breaker over my T-Shirt. I plugged in my earbuds and popped them in my ears. I silently opened my window and slipped out, letting my music in my earbuds take me away as I began running down the sidewalk.

After only about ten minutes of running I slowed to a jog. I was soaked and tears streamed down my face. You wouldn't tell though, it was raining so hard. I was towards the edge of town and I saw an empty abandoned shop with a faded red awning. There was a bench beneath it peeling with white paint. I sat on the broken bench slowly nodding my head to "Bad Blood". I let the song finish. I stood up and jogged back to my house, well my temporary house.

When I got back home my window was open a crack like I left it. I pushed it up and silently slipped in. Before I planted my feet on the floor I took off my wet shoes and held them in my hand as I climbed through. I then walked out of my room, heading to the bathroom for a towel, when my phone began to ring in my ear. I unplugged my earbuds and answered to a very frightened sounding Madison.

Her voice shaking she choked out, "Please..... Please come get me and walk me home. I'm super scared. Andrea's parents are drunk and they got her to drink too, but I don't want to drink and and and, they're scaring me because they gave me a beer.... I'm in their bathroom right now talking to you, and...." I cut off her rambling.

"Hey it's fine I'm on my way over. Blue house on Elm street right?" I asked calmly.
"Y-yes." She whispered. "I gotta go."

"Alright see you in five." I replied.

I pulled on my wet Nikes and slipped out my window for the second time tonight. My gut told me I shouldn't tell Chelsea and when we arrived back we would explain that Madi didn't feel well and I went to go get her. I would work out the details on my walk over.

I arrived just when I said I would on Madi's friend's front door step. As soon as I got up there I heard loud yelling and laughter coming from inside the house. I heard Madison scream to Andrea she didn't feel well and was leaving. Moments later I saw a very different Madison than the one I was used to standing in front of me, streaks of tears smudging her usually perfectly done makeup.

Madison mumbled, "Thanks. Now let's go."

A/N Thanks guys for sticking with me! I'm going to try and update regularly now. And sorry this chapter was so short. But hey I put in some conversation, eh eh?! I'm going to introduce this mystery boy soon! Yay!! Also should I bring more of Madison into this book? More backstory? I think I might!? Let me know what you think!!!