Chapter 4: Anchored

One Week Later on the Cassidy

On the U.S Cassidy, in his quarters, Kyle is having a nightmare of his past experiences, before he wakes up to Hughes calling his name over the worn.

Hughes: Now hear this. Kyle Desipich, Jake Desipich and Caleb Michaels report to Hangar Five. immediately. Kyle Desipich, Jake Desipich and Caleb Michaels report to Hangar Five.

Kyle sits up out of the bed.

Kyle: Yeah, man. I heard you the first time.

Kyle gets dressed, wrapping a grey bandana on his head and places his Zeus Corps Assault around his waist. Kyle then places his Zeus Corps machete handle bar in his holster strapped around his lower waist and places his pistol in his holster on his upper leg, before he exits his room and is approached by a female passenger.

Lily: Hey, Kyle. You lookin for your brother?

Kyle: It's okay, Lily. I know where he is.

Kyle opens Jake's door to find him tending his plants.

Kyle: C'mon, Jake. Grab your gun and blade.

Jake: I've got these crops to tend, man. Almost done with the cucumbers.

Kyle: Dude, I think your cucumbers can last a few hours without you.

Jake sighs.

Jake: Alright, man. Let's get this done and out of the way.

Jake removes his gloves, before equipping his blade and pistol and walking with Kyle.

Hughes speaks over the ship's intercom.

Hughes: Chopper inbound. Prepare the landing deck.

Jake: The chopper's coming back? Shawn and Cassandra just took off for supplies.

Kyle: Huh....maybe James forgot his grocery list again....

Kyle looks outside the ship window to scope out the large stalks coming from the ocean.

Cassidy Passenger: Goddamn stalks. They make me nervous.

Meanwhile, Caleb is attempting to get a Snicker's bar in a vending machine, before Jake and Kyle approach him.

Jake: C'mon, Caleb. Work to do. We got stalks to sight see.

Caleb: Okay, okay. Give me a moment.

Caleb continues to attempt to force the Snickers bar out of the vending machine.

Caleb: Damn it! Almost had it that time!

Jake: You do know that candy is about fifteen years old, right? You're going to puke the insides of you, boy.

Caleb: Yeah, well, this is the only snickers' bar I've found in the past twenty-six years and if throwing up my guts is worth it, it'll be damn sure worth it.

Kyle: Guys. Hangar Five. Now.

On the deck of the ship, Margaret is teaching Maya how to shoot her Authorities sniper rifle.

Maya: Really wish there was something else to shoot besides these stalks.......

Margaret: Yeah, I know.....Hughes said you did really good tending the hens and watching over the kids.

Maya: Don't let him give me all the credit. You helped too.

Margaret: Ah, you did most of the work.

Maya: Yeah......My Dad and Uncle Zed would always take Cassandra and I on these trips to this farm in the east. They had every single animal you thought of. Chickens. Goats. Pigs.