two

Arden

Kai and Ace had explained everything to us at around noon, it was now 1:00AM, they were nice enough to give us that long to process it, but now we were supposed to come up with a plan to stop him. We all gathered around the white kitchen counter. Ace was wearing a tight navy blue shirt that exposes his enormous biceps, the right one was tattooed and the left was bare, showing his tan complexion that he shared with Kai. Kai was on his left, zoned out with her mouth open while petting her cute gray cat.

"Kai," Ace calls and she snaps out of it. "You're supposed to be paying attention," he groans. "You got us into this whole mess, don't yell at me," she retorts and Ace rubs the bridge of his nose in frustration. "I know you're still angry with me, but would you have preferred not to know?" He asks. "Yes, Aleksandar, I would have preferred to just grieve my dead dad, I don't want to deal with this shit!" She yells, picking up Kaia and walking into the closest bedroom and slamming the door. "Fucking Christ," Ace mutters. "A little much," Gus blurts out, Ace quickly looks up at him and glares at him. "She's not 'a little much', this is a stressful situation, she has every right to be angry." Ace and Kai may argue a lot but Ace is very quick to defend his little sister. "Watch your mouth," Ace tells Gus before looking back at us.

"I'll go talk to her," I tell Ace and he nods. I knocked on the door softly before opening it, she seemed relieved to see me instead of someone else. "Hey," I whisper. She continues petting Kaia, who is laying on her chest. I take a seat by her legs. "I'm sorry that all of this happened-" She stops me by waving her hand. "Is it okay if we don't talk about that right now?" She asks, I nod. "I'm sorry," she mumbles, I look at her with furrowed eyebrows. "Don't apologize, it's okay," I assure her. I go on the other side of the bed and sit down next to her. She takes Kaia off her chest and turns around, her back facing me. We sit in silence and she flips around again, this time, setting her head on my thigh.

I ran my fingers through her long, wavy dark brown hair and her face loosened up, it looked like she was going to fall asleep.... And she did. Little snores escaped her lips, as did quiet noises. Ace walked into the room and took a seat on the desk chair by the side of the bed. Kaia jumps off the bed and onto his lap, he pets her. "Thank you for taking care of her after I left," Ace breaks the silence. "I don't know if she would have gotten through it without you," He continues. Kai and Ace were very close before he left. I had been her best friend since elementary school, and she always teased me for my crush on Ace. I thought it had gone away when he left, but now that I'm seeing him again, it never did. "She's very strong," I say, praising my best friend, she was more like a sister to me. I look down at her and continue playing with her hair. "You guys should get some sleep, it's getting late. We can talk about this tomorrow," Ace says, patting my shoulder before walking out of the room.

Kate

I woke up with Felix sleeping next to me, I'm terrified of the dark, and it was pitch black in the room. "Felix," I whisper, shaking her shoulder. She wakes up quickly. "Can you turn the light on?" I ask and she sighs. It took her a minute to get up but she turned it on for me, quickly calming me down. "I have to pee," I mumble, she groans. "The bathroom is right outside the door," Felix says groggily. We chose the bedroom with a bunk bed, but we both slept on the bottom bunk, the room was also a laundry room. It's right next to one of the two bathrooms and the back door. I really didn't want to go out there alone, but I had to pee so bad, it was painful, and Felix didn't seem to be getting up.

I managed to open the door but I winced at how dark it was, there was a light above the sink that barely lit up the kitchen and some of the dining room. I walked out slowly but then ran as fast as I could past the back door, it had a window on it and I really didn't want to look outside at nighttime, so I had to run in order to keep my eyes off of it. I shut the bathroom door after turning the light on, finally relaxing. After I finished up, my heart sped up at the thought of leaving the bathroom. I open the door and run to my room, but before I could reach the room, I trip over the damn rug. I jump when I look up and see someone standing there. "Are you okay?" A familiar and calming voice asks, it's Kai. She helped me up and walked me into the kitchen, I could see her face better since we were standing next to the sink light.