𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄₊˚.༄

███████████████

  CHAPTER ONE :
𝐴 𝐶 𝐸
𝐷 𝐸 𝐺 𝐸 𝑁 𝐸 𝑅 𝐴 𝑇 𝐸
March 17th, 2021

███████████████

(NAME) STARED SEAMLESSLY at her ceiling, thinking about nothing. (Fav. song) playing gently out of her (color) speakers.

You moved to Reseda a few years ago, it was complete shit. But you didn't complain about it, this dingy apartment was ten times better than the last shithole you stayed in.

"(Name), sweetie? Some new neighbors moved into 109. Want to help me greet them?" Your mother says calmly. She was always on the nicer side, unlike your dad. He wasn't terrible, but he never came across nice.

Your mom knew you weren't social, but she always tried to put you out there.

You nod, getting out of your bed and walking out of the house with your mother.

Once you get to 109 a nice, young-looking woman opens the door slightly. She was breathtaking, her eyes glistened, and a warm smile made its way onto her face. "Hello! My daughter and I just wanted to stop by and welcome you into the neighborhood!" The woman holds her hand out and your mother gladly shakes it.

"Oh thank you so much! Come in!" She opens the door wider so both you, and your mom could come in. "You don't know how much you made my day! Again, thank you." Your mother smiles warmly—then starts talking about motherly things.

"Miguel? Come here please!" The woman calls out for who you're guessing to be her son. He comes out of his room groaning, maybe he just woke up.

"This is my son Miguel!" He gave a short wave and a smile. You smiled back awkwardly, not speaking a word. "How about you and Miguel go outside and get to know each other?" your mom says.

God, you wanted to drop kick her right then.

You simply nod.

Once you and Miguel get outside, it's completely silent, you both not uttering a word.

Finally, after some time Miguel speaks up.

"So, where are you from?" he says trying to strike up a conversation. "Oh I'm from (Hometown). I moved to Reseda a few years back . . . what about you?" He runs his hands through his hair. "I'm from Riverside." you awkwardly nod, praying to God someone or something will put an end to this conversation. "Do you have any pets?" Miguel asks. You giggle softly. "Yes, I do, a cat, his name is (Cat. name)."

Miguel hums in response. At this point, you two have walked around the entire apartment complex. "You're going to the high school, right?" He says, looking dead at you. "Yes I am, why do you ask?"

"Well since you've been here...maybe you can show me around?"

"Of course I will Miguel"

He smiles brightly.

You wouldn't be lying if you said Miguel was attractive.

"Sweet! Wait can I get your number?" He looks away, hoping you'd say yes. "Oh y-yeah sure" You hand him your phone, as you do his hand brushes against yours. Miguel quickly puts his number in and hands you back your phone. He was a blushing mess, trying his hardest to forget about the gesture you didn't notice happen.