☞Alone PT. 1

"How long will it take for you to bust this open?"

Ruzek's question hangs in the air for a few seconds while the members of Squad 3 share looks between each other.

You scan the huge iron door, bolted on four sides with no other way to open than force. "A few minutes."

"I agree with Y/LN. Capp, Tony go get the gear. Me and Y/LN will set up." Your lieutenant instructs and the two run out to do what they do best.

While you work you notice the brooding eyes of your boyfriend burn holes in your back. Your best guess was that he was trying to burn off your name from your Squad 3 uniform.

"We have two suspects inside. All of them with loaded weapons. We need you out the moment you open open it. Understood?" Voight asks.

You let out a "Mhmm" while continuing to work on connecting the door with your gear. Were you nervous? Of course you were.

Squad 3 doesn't bust underground bunkers open for Chicago's most elite police unit every day.

It's a one time kinda thing and you want to make it count. Maybe they'll call you again.

Jay's eyes continue to burn holes in you to to point it drives you mad. You turn around, still crouching, and shoot him a look.

He gives you the same one back. It has a simple meaning really - What are you doing here?

You stare broodingly at him back - What does it look like?

You notice the grip on his gun tighten to the point his knuckles turn white. Whoopsie.

"Alright Y/LN." Severide nods reassuringly and the two of you stand back. "Capp now!"

It takes a few moments to bust it open and once you do all hell breaks loose.

There weren't two suspects inside.

There was a triple amount of them.

"Y/N MOVE BACK!" You hear your boyfriend shout and you find yourself bolting towards the nearest exit.

Not before you're shot two times by the monstrous machine guns the suspects had.

You fall to the ground with a loud thud and almost become a velvet carpet for all of the SWAT members to step on if it weren't for Severide and Jay who grabbed you and dragged you outside.

"We need a medic!" Kelly yells. You don't feel your leg anymore. The pain is starting to return with lightning speed and you find yourself soak in your own tears.

"Ow, ow, ow, ow." You squeak once you're loaded into the ambulance.

"She was shot two times." Jay informs the paramedics at the scene.

"Jay get back in there." You tell him. "I'll be fiiine."

"We need to go to the hospital stat." The worry in the eyes of the paramedics is enough to make Jay leave his gun and let his unit handle the rest.

"I'm going with her I'm her boyfriend."

The medics nod and rush to your aid. No matter how much you tell yourself that you'll be fine the blackness that consumes you is enough to tell you otherwise.

You're in and out of consciousness throughout the whole ride and the only thing you remember is the intense pain and soft kisses of love and support Jay gave you.

***

"Hey Y/N how are you holding up?" You recognize the ginger haired man even when the light of your hospital room blinds you.

"Just peachy." You answer with a smile. Memories of the accident rush back and they still can't wipe your whipped smile off your face.

And you know why. "Where's Jay?"

The smile slowly faints into a thin line when you don't hear Will answer your question. "Will?"

"Jay isn't here Y/N."

What? "Did he say why?" You don't hide your hurt feelings. You expected him to be by your side when you woke up. He did leave flee scene when they needed him the most to be with you after all.

"He just told me to call him when you wake up." Will informs you while looking through your chart on the tablet. "He's probably working on the case. The men who shot you managed to escape."

"They what now?" You are lost for words. Jay left you alone when you needed him the most. Even if Will calls him that you woke up you're pretty sure he wouldn't come to the hospital. Also, they managed to get away?! There was a police army outside waiting for them. How did they get away?!

"So what do I do now?"

"Now you handle the firehouse that has occupied the whole waiting room. How do you want me to let them in? One by one?"

"Just send them all in. I'll handle it. Thanks, Will." You extend your arms and give him a hug.

"As you wish."