Chapter 17 - The first time I said I love you

I’ve got this little spot on the tip of my tongue burned from the soup Yuuki brought me the next morning. Although, it was really an ungodly hour to wake me up, I couldn't argue. Her efforts was something I couldn't ignore easily.

       My lungs, they've seen better days, until now, that I was having a hard time of breathing. Yuuki placed the bowl at the side of my bed, neatly placing the blood tablets in the drawer before knocking my head toughly. I winced in pain, rubbing the spot she went violent against, I glared at her. "You could've at least tell me that!"

"I can't honestly believe you were drinking yesterday! You're not even allowed to do so, now look at you!" She was lecturing me, eyes piercing in the same way a mother would scold her child. "You're a mess!"

      "Hiro-nii didn't have any problem on that."

"That doesn't concerns me! I'm not Hiro-san and I don't like you drinking!"

      "Well, I've figured out he's older than you so I thought you shouldn't have a problem with that." I clicked my tongue, throwing away the sheets on the floor. "Thank you for the soup. Did you made that?"

    "Seiren did. She was really concern about you."

"That's very nice of her." 

"I think so. Isn't she closest to you aside from Onii-sama?"

"She used to take good care of me when I was a kid."

My wickedness seems always induced. I've wanted a piece of her heart to be my home, but I couldn't give the same. I just let myself to be solely close to her this day and allow the walls I strongly built to dissolve from the comfortness she was giving me, for her to see what's inside me. With only freedom to act on impulse if I may ever continue without considering the consequences when I told even a little bit of everything I knew. Although deep inside, I knew that my thoughts to her were pieces of broken toy that can't be puzzled together as it was inconvenient and useless. It made me feel a convenient quick fix ever than before, that I was a replacement no one can understand.

       And maybe if I could just hear what she sincerely thinks of without playing of nice words to make me feel I was important, perhaps I wouldn't be distressed when she is able to speak in full sentences without imagining what I felt.And I would've listened every single time because that's what I really wanted to hear from her, but instead, she gave me none of it. 

"Asami, walk faster. We have to get going. I wanted to show something to you!" She called, walking faster ahead of me, getting a hold of my hand before running outside the night dormitory. "From this point on, I'll have to walk with my hands covering your eyes."

When she finally felt satisfied when I replied I couldn't really see anything, she maneuvered me and started to walk slowly, counting each step with her lips near my ears. She seemed happier, when she felt me smile as her breath tickled the sides of my ear lobe. "Go now. Other than me, there's someone that wants to spend time with you too."

         There was a table and a chair meant to be shared by two people at the center of the place I spent most of my time when I try to skip classes. There were lights meant to lit the place as the clouds started to go away along with the brightness of the sky. That's all I could see for a while, until I was pushed into someone's arms.

      "There you go," He helped me stand upright from the ground I was supposedly hit. I shot a glare to Yuuki's direction, annoyed by the fact I almost got trampled upon. "I thought Yuuki would keep you by herself."