Re: Chapter 26 - Apart

A/N: I deleted the entire Chapter 26 that was published since I realized it was such a TERRIBLE chapter after re-reading it the first time. And by means of terrible, I mean my writing style and the character's character is NOT the way it should be. It didn't go exactly the way they are suppose to act, except Kaito's character. KINDLY REFRESH YOUR LIBRARY PLEASE. IT'S A SIN THAT I PUBLISHED SOMETHING AS HORRIBLE AS YESTERDAY'S WORK AND I CAN'T REALLY ACCEPT THAT I DID SO I AM WRITING A NEW ONE.

---

"Kaname!" I gasped, jumping out of my bed. "I miss you so much! How long have you been here? Why did you not wake me up? I miss you! Why do you have to go that long?"

    I heard him chuckle, returning the hug tightly. I could tell just by how he holds me that he doesn't want to let go. He pecked my lips softly. His nose brushing against mine, "I love you."

"I love you too."

"I love you most."

"No, I love you more than most."

He flicked my forehead, his smile evident on his face. Kaname's hair was slightly disheveled and he was still wearing his coat. I sat on his lap, encircling my hands on the crooks of his neck. His hand automatically supporting my back.

I frowned at him. "You did not say you missed me back."

"I think it's rather important for me to say that I love you more than I miss you. I know that you already know I've been missing you all the time."

"Why didn't you come back sooner then if you really did?"

"I see that you're already throwing a tantrum now that I'm here." He teasingly said, "Should I go back?"

   "Try it. I'll set you on fire."

"I'm kidding. I don't think I could last long to places I know you're not existing in."

"You lasted for three months."

"I'm sorry." He looked at me apologetically, brushing away my bangs on the side. "I'll make it to a point and I promise you it won't happen again."

"...you said it the last time."

"I never did. I said I'll come back soon." He replied, "Don't give me that look, Asami."

"What look?"

"You just know how to make me feel guilty, do you?"

"If I do, it must have been my reflexes. You still owe me a lot of things."

"I know." He nodded, kissing my forehead. "I'll make it up to you."

We cuddled for a long hour, his arms encircling my waist. And when I look up to him after drawing a lot of imaginary circles on his back and chest, I saw him already sleeping. He is so beautiful. I thought, tracing his lips with my finger. He could be somewhere with someone, yet he's with me. And I couldn't feel happier, because he's mine.

    Although, somewhere inside my heart I couldn't help but to ask why he won't let me know what he' is doing. I couldn't remain calm. What if it was something dangerous? What if Kaito is right about it? All I know for sure, if any case that I'm right about my assumption, I wouldn't be too happy about it.

      "Asami, you're making a funny face. Could you move a little closer, so I could kiss you?"

I blinked, seeing Kaname is looking at me too. His eyes were a little drowsy, one look you could tell he is trying his best to hide the playful grin that is forming. He lift my face using his thumb. He was leaning close to my face.