Chapter 25 - First

Chapter 25 - First

The sun is still shining when I woke up from my deep slumber. Rays of light, little by little, as if on cue started to pass through my transparent white curtain. I retreated and closed my eyes, feeling the heat of my room. It was as if my body was on fire and everything I tried to touch with my hands is burning.

I knew already what was happening to me. This always happens when I am not able to drink blood that is sufficient enough for my body. I looked around the room, hoping that Kaname would be around. Like always.

But he wasn't there.

I stand up with two wobbly feet, feeling dizzy. I plan to go inside Seiren's room and find any stock of blood tablets before my throat starts burning. To hell with Kaname's blood. I'll die before he gets here.

I was feeling frail, but I managed to walk across the hallway with my hand placed on the wall to support my falling weight. I've never been into any room except Kaname and Yuuki's, so having it said only means that I have no clue where to find Seiren's room.

With bad luck on my side, I silently cursed inside my mind feeling pissed off to myself. If I didn't let Kaname to throw away all my stocks, I would never gone through this.

I bumped my head on the wall, trying to substitute my hunger for pain. To at least distract myself from the thirst I am feeling.

"Asami?" Kaito grumpily appeared on my side, his hair was still disheveled. It was obvious he was disturbed, noticing how hell of a mess he look. Although, still looking good as always. "Can you explain to me why the fucking hell are you knocking yourself for in the middle of this ungodly hour?"

"Can you stop nagging at me for like every five seconds you see me?"

"You know that this is my ro--- wait. You little shit, why the fucking hell are your eyes turning red? Are you okay?" Kaito automatically slumped on the wall as he encircled my arm around his shoulder. He must have noticed that I was having a hard time in standing upright. He carried half of my weight and as unexpected for him, he head butt his head to mine frantically. "Are you still in your senses?"

I nodded slowly.

"Is that so? Then repeat after me." He cleared his throat, "I am still in my senses."

"I am still in my senses."

"Kaito is the hottest being on earth." "Kaito is the hottest bein---" I stopped mumbling, realizing he was making fun of me. I knocked his head with the small amount of force I have. I glared at him, unable to say words. But then I silently chuckled, finding the humor in my situation.

He walked me back to my room, quickly placing an ice on my forehead. Kaito's gloomy attitude began when he made me lay down on my bed. His facial features were trying to hide anxiousness in his obnoxious grins.

Kaito flicked my forehead when he noticed my eyes were blinking repeatedly as I was getting sleepy due to the ambiance of the room. He sighed, "You brutally look like shit right now."

"Thank you for saying that. I am now aware of how I look."

"I am kidding, Asami. Is your throat still burning? Anything aches?"

"No." I replies, "How did you know my throat is burning?"

"I see. I'm actually right..."He mumbled, placing two fingers on my forehead. He said incoherent words under his breath, then smiled after me. "That should do the trick. You should sleep. After you wake up, your wariness will be gone."

"I feel better. What did you do?"

"Just a simple trick to subdue your thirst. Trust me, okay? You'll be fine, Asami. You just need to sleep."

"Okay."

"Try not to think about Kaname. It'll fire you up. Since you're only drinking his blood all this time, it really affected you greatly. Your body can't handle physical and mental stress all at once. Adding the idea of not being able to drink blood for almost how many months..." He paused, "That's cute. You're still a baby vampire after all."

I rolled my eyes at him. "I'll gladly snap your neck to prove how much violent a baby vampire could be."

"You look serious. I can't stand seeing you like that." He patted my head, "He still hasn't mark you. That's why it affects you so much that you're actually craving for his blood when in fact, you're not supposed to."

"Mark me? Right. I don't know that."

"It usually happens right away.I wonder why he did not though..."

"Well? Spill it. I want to know."

"Tell him that you want his mark, before I do it myself." He gave me his infamous smile, before completely disappearing on my side.

My own breathing is stable, unlike a while ago. I don't know what or how he did that, but I'm thankful. He's been great and good to me these days. I would love to him around with me always.

Kaito is really good in looking out for me. And even though I know Kaname wouldn't like the idea of him, I am now confident to say and be able to defend Kaito to him. To say he's been there with me all throughout my tough times.

I closed my eyes, agreeing to Kaito that I should rest more. He seems to know what is best. So for now, I'll be listening to him.

A/N:Will write the other chapter after I published this! I'm so excited. It's already 10k+ views. Thanks! Votes? Comments? :)